S3: E7 - A Shock In The System

____________________________________________________________________

3rd Person Pov.

Everyone cheered as Darius sits up but he buckles to the pain in his chest. Aoi was getting scolded by both (Y/N) and Brooklynn but in the end, they're happy that she's safe.

"Don't try so fast. You had a rough night." Yas says to him jokingly. He laughed at her, as everyone else settled down, except for one.

"How're you feeling?" She questions worriedly.

"Well... I somehow got scratched on the chest and got thrown around up by a nightmarish porcupine. Other than that... Never been better." He said sarcastically which gets a giggle out of Yaz. He looks towards the others before raising a hand.

"Sup, guys." He greeted, as he noticed Maurice and (Y/N) were much more injured than him.

"Welcome back to the land of the living." Ben says which Darius laughed at.

"Stop being a smartass." Darius chuckled, Aoi went over to him and handed him a bottle of water.

"Thanks, Aoi." He patted her head, she smiled before walking back to her parents. He opened the bottle and took a big chug of it.

"Ahhhhh, that's refreshing." He said, as Maurice and (Y/N) looks up at the moon, seeing the break in the storm.

"We have to get to the boat." (Y/N) said as he stood up.

"With a break in the storm, we have a chance. It's better than to remain here any longer." Maurice added as he stood up grabbing a bag.

"Wait what about the remaining Scorpios?" Yasmina asked, worriedly.

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" (Y/N) asked, he noticed Aoi walking towards him while carrying the box she had found.

"When me and Aoi were looking for the antidote, I noticed there were four eggshells in the 'E750' room." Yasmina told him, making him go wide eyed and growled.

"So it can reproduce asexually... I've already killed two." He muttered as he glanced at Maurice.

"We killed one a minute ago." Maurice remembered, as it dawned on them.

"There's two of them left." (Y/N) and Maurice said simultaneously. "We have to risk it. We might not get another chance." Maurice told (Y/N) who nodded.

"Let's go. If the storm comes back, the boat could take on too much water and we'll never get out of here." (Y/N) said which the others nod hesitantly in agreement.

We all start to pack the remaining stuff. Yaz helps Darius around, while the others are grabbing theirs.

"Whoa..." Darius said as he almost fell flat on his face.

"Hold on, there you go." Yas said as she steadied him.

"I hate feeling like this." He grumbled, "It's just temporary, once you get your strength back, you'll be good as new." She says as she swung his arm around her neck. He pulled her into a hug before his legs gave way.

"Uh, Darius...?" She says as she struggles to keep him up. "Sorry... I can't keep myself upright." He apologized as he suddenly felt his body was submerged on ice, everything was numb.

"It's alright. No matter what you need. I'm here for you." She says as she leaned him on a foundation as he steadied himself. He looks at her weirdly, that's.... Out of character for her. He shook it off as now he felt his body was set on fire.

____________________________________________________________________

"Aoi what's this?" (Y/N) asked her, as he inspected the box. When he touched it, his instincts told him to open it. "It's an antidote of some sort, Dad." She replied as she sat on his lap. He placed it on his other lap and opened it, as his instincts screamed at him.