🦋The beginning of something

New story!! I'm super excited about this one.
The plot has been in my mind forever, so I'm actually really really happy to finally publish this one.

Also a big thank you to prince-charminx who made this amazing cover!

Hope you join me in this new story and that you enjoy it!

Mag 🦋

PROLOGUE
The beginning of something.
[Louis' POV]

"So what are you going to do now?"

"What am I going to do with what, Liam?"

"Your career, maybe?" - He said sarcastically. - "My phone is blowing up with calls and you still haven't made a decision."

"Maybe because I don't have a decision yet." - I shrugged.

"Louis..." - He sighed, running a hand on his face out of frustration.

"I don't know, okay? Let it go."

"But hear me out. Your contract is coming to an end. You need to renew it! They are even offering 10 million more for you to sign again with them!"

"It's not because of the money."

"Then what is it? This is your team Louis!" - He screamed, standing up from the couch and moving his hands in the air.

"But what if I'm tired of them? What if I want to sign with another team, huh?"

"You want to leave Manchester united? Are you out of your fucking mind?! These people trained you! You've grown there, you were practically born in this team! The fans expect you to play in Manchester until the day you retire! You can't just leave, you're the best fucking player!"

"And maybe I need a break from them!" - I screamed even louder at him.

Liam sighed.

"Then where do you want to go? I can get you any other team, everybody will want you if they know you're for sale now. Where do you want to play now?"

"I don't know, I could go anywhere. France, Italy, maybe even Brazil."

"And you're not going to regret it?"

"I don't know... just don't say anything to anyone yet. I'll take some time to think."

"But you need to sign for next season now, we can't wait."

"We still have four months until next season. Until then... I'll think. Maybe I'll even go on vacation."

"On vacation? Are you messing with me, Louis?"

"Nope. I need a break. I told you."

"I won't wait four months for you to decide, neither will they."

"Well, then I'll give you an answer by this time next month. Does that work for you?"

"Okay, yeah. But it'll be your last chance, if you don't make a decision by then, I'll renew your Manchester contract for two more years."

"Fair enough." - I smirked. - "Now can you be a good friend and book me a flight?"

Liam sighed and nodded, grabbing the laptop from the table and sitting next to me.

"I'm not sure I want to be your friend anymore." - He rolled his eyes. - "You're too damn spoiled, Tommo."

I shrugged.

"Just book me a flight and shut up."

"To where?"

"Somewhere where people don't know who I am. Maybe the states, they aren't too fond of football, right?"

"Right. They call it soccer for fucks sake."

I laughed.

"Okay, then yes. Just pick a city where I can rest and relax, yeah?"

"Near the beach is alright?"

"Yeah, that would be great."

"Okay, I have the perfect place."

"Yeah?"

"A little place by the beach in Oregon. It has a population of under a thousand people."

"That's nice. Yeah, I'd like that."

"Should I find a hotel too?"

"No. Let's fly low. Rent an apartment or something not very fancy. I'd love to go unnoticed."

Liam looked up at me with a frown.

"What did you do with my friend? You're not Louis."

I laughed.

"Yes I am. I just need a break from you know... being the best football player in the world." - I mocked.

"Fine. I'll rent you an apartment and a regular car too. Is that alright?"

"It's great." - I smiled.

"And I guess you won't need security either."

"Nope. No one will know I'll be there. Just you. And you're not allowed to tell anyone, otherwise you'll be fired." - I smiled and he huffed.

"I hate you."

"Yeah, well..." - I shrugged. - "So, is it settled?"

"Yes."

"When am I leaving?"

"Tomorrow morning, go pack your toothbrush."