🦋 The come out

TWENTY-ONE
The come out.

I swear the universe hates us.

Not only was Harry's flight delayed, but also it was nearly time for the friendly game my team was playing.

We couldn't do my come out in public, we couldn't be together the night before, and what's worse is that neither Harry nor Niall have been picking up their phones since last night.

They found out two days ago that somehow Oregon's airport was shut for the weekend and that all flights were postponed for Monday.

Basically screwing our whole plans.

It's obvious the universe hates twin flames or something.
Because this shit only happens to us.

I was missing him so badly, and just having to wait two more days to see him was actually killing me.
Even more now that I know he won't be cheering for me on the bleachers or that he won't be there at the end of the game so I could kiss him in front of the whole world as I planned in my head.

So now I had to go out on the pitch and play the game without knowing even if he was on a flight, if he was still stuck at the airport or if he was simply making things up to not come here.

Maybe he's avoiding me.

"What if he changed his mind about coming here to see me and he won't be taking that plane at all?"

"Don't be stupid." - Liam rolled his eyes.

"He's not answering." - I said, throwing my phone now inside my locker.

"Just think about the game. You're playing again today, I'm sure you're excited about that."

"No. I'm fuming." - I huffed, sitting down on the dressing room bench and putting on my sneakers.

"You have to be focused, Tommo."

"Don't tell me what I have to do."

I stood up, threw my jersey over my shoulders and checked my phone one last time before closing the locker.

Still no news.

"He will be here, if not today, tomorrow." - Liam said softly, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Whatever." - I sighed, turning around to face my team. - "Guys! Get together, come here." - I motioned them to make a round. - "I trust you guys have paid attention to everything we said and talked through our training in the past weeks. I trust every single one of you will give your best out there, and I trust this team will go home with a victory tonight. Now, you guys better be damn ready, because this is our chance to prove that United is as united as ever."

🦋

When we got out to the pitch, people screamed and cheered. They all had missed football season, and to be honest, I missed being in the field too.

That adrenaline rush, that feeling where everyone is rooting for you, where people recognize you and expect the only the best from you.

Football fans are loyal and passionate, and they wait days or even weeks to watch their favorite team play and win.
They live for this, they live for the win.

I never disappoint them though, but this time, with an entire new team, I'm sure they are concerned.

It's the only thing in the news lately.

'The imminent failure of Manchester United.'

Well, we're going to prove them wrong.

I trained with these guys for the past two weeks and they are surprisingly good. Me and Rangnick teamed up to make them their best version, to understand strategy and to be at my level.