🦋 The right decision

Okay, so. Final chapter right here.

Epilogue tomorrow and a new fic on Saturday. (The one I'm literally biting my nails for)

I really hope you had enjoyed this book. 🤍🤍

I love you,

Mag 🦋

TWENTY-SIX
The right decision.

"How is he?"

"Worse than yesterday. His throat closed during the night, he's not breathing again." - Niall said over the phone.

"What? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I've just arrived at the hospital, I didn't know. I called you as soon as I got here and Anne told me."

"Why did nobody else tell me?!"

"I don't know, Louis, stop yelling at me is fucking six in the morning."

"Sorry. What are they gonna do now?"

"I... they are going to try and inject him with something even if they're not still sure how it'll react. If that doesn't work they'll probably do a tracheotomy."

"What?! Fuck. No! They are supposed to heal him!"

"I don't know what to tell you, Lou."

"Just... argh!" - I screamed again. - "What else do you know? What about his fever? The rash?"

"His fever is the only thing that's gone. But the rash is spreading and he's like constantly trying to scratch himself. We had to put mittens on his hands to stop him. And well, now he can't speak due to his throat. So it's not the best scenario, Louis. But, we're hoping it'll be over soon."

I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Fine. Alright. Just tell him I love him. Alright? You probably won't be able to communicate with me, but keep texting me with updates, yeah?"

"Okay? What are you going to do?"

"What I should have done yesterday." - I said, turning around and facing Liam. - "Liam, get me a plane ticket. I'm leaving."

"I already did, you're leaving in two hours."

"What? How?"

"Booked one yesterday, just in case."

"God, you're honestly the best."

"I know. Go pack your toothbrush."

I smiled and kissed the top of his head.

"On it."

🦋

After a fourteen hour flight and two sleeping pills to do the trick and stop my torturous thoughts, I finally finally was at the entrance of the hospital where Harry was hospitalized.

I called Niall the second the plane landed and I told him I was in my way. Since it was already night by the time I got to the hospital, it meant that visiting time was over hours ago.

Niall had asked Anne and Des to leave because I was staying the night with Harry.
Only one person could stay in the room with him.

He was the one staying with Harry until I got there, so when I reached Harry's hospital room, I knocked, letting Niall know I had arrived.

The door opened, showing a really exhausted Niall with bags under his eyes and a blanket covering his shoulders.

"Okay, so the things you need to know. The injection kinda worked and his throat is better. He's sleeping now because the medicine is kinda strong. He still can't use his voice and is still with the oxygen mask. Don't let him take it off. If his temperature rises, call the nurse. It shouldn't happen though, he hasn't had a fever today. And, for the love of god, don't let him scratch himself. It's in your hands, Tommo." - He said tiredly, tapping my shoulder and giving me a side hug. - "I'll return in the morning. Visiting time starts at ten."