🦋 An Irish and a trophy

SIXTEEN
An Irish and a trophy.

But tomorrow never came.

Harry had somehow disappeared and took my truck with him.

He wasn't in his flat or at the greenhouse or anywhere to be honest.
He wasn't picking up my calls nor Niall's and it was already giving me a headache.

Niall said he probably went early to stay with his parents and that maybe it was better not to bother him until he came back ready to talk.

He probably knew what was waiting for him when he returned.
He probably knew it was time to have the conversation we've both been procrastinating.

So I just needed to wait and be prepared for whenever he decided to come back.

The one good thing was that fortunately, the pictures Harry posted weren't viralized or found by anyone during the night, so I was safe.

And he was safe from the press too.
And that's what mattered.

In the meantime, Niall took advantage of my Harryless time, to take me to every football practice with him before the game.
He did it to keep my head out of my relationship's problems, but also because he was scared as fuck.

Those kids were facing another team this very Sunday and Niall wanted them to be properly ready for it.

The kids finally met me in person, and as Niall said, they were even more motivated than before after knowing they were being watched by a professional.

Even Noel stayed on the team after him and his father talked to me.

And they were visibly improving as a whole team.
They even comprehended the importance of strategy now, and it was showing.

They were playing to win.

Not just to have fun, to win.

So, on Sunday morning I was awake and out of bed even before my alarm went off.
I knocked on Niall's door at eight am sharp and pulled him out of the building where a cab - since Harry had my truck still - was waiting for us.

I was excited to watch those kids play, and win.
It was even more exciting than playing myself.

I covered myself up with sunglasses and a snapback as usual and Niall and I entered the field where the teams were going to face one another.
Most of the parents arrived early to leave the kids before the game, so Niall and I gathered them all in the locker room, to have one last strategy talk.

They were happy, enthusiastic and super ready to go out and do their best on the pitch.
And, I was a little proud of them.

Because even if I hadn't been their 'coach' for longer than a month, kids were quick learners, and they were learning from me.

So I was just as responsible as Niall for whatever result that happened today.

"Coach Louis?"

"Yes, Noel?"

"I feel like I have too much pressure today." - He whispered to me.

"Why?"

"Because I have to score a goal to win."

"But you always score." - I frowned, crouching down to his height.

"When we're playing within us, not… not like this."

"Look. You don't have the pressure on you, okay. You're a part of a team. You all play together and to win a game is a team effort." - I sighed. - "Noel, listen to me. You're an excellent player, no matter if you score today or if you don't. It's okay to be nervous, I'm always nervous before a game. But don't feel pressured, yeah? You are playing with a team, if anything, the pressure is on me and Niall, because we're the ones that put you guys in this position. Right?" - I winked. - "So, if you guys loose, just blame it on us. Or Niall, maybe just blame it on him only." - I joked and Noel laughed.