🦋Reality hits hard

TWELVE
Reality hits hard.

Harry's symptoms only got worse.

After only a few hours, he had started having trouble breathing and his body temperature was going up.

I called a doctor to come and check on him, but they had never seen an episode as big as this.

Usually, most allergies only happen when around the triggering object, not almost ten, eleven, twelve or even twenty four hours later.

They gave him medicine and more cream though.

But still, it's been a full day now, he was getting worse and I was losing my mind.

Harry's temperature was rising each second and he was sweating but claiming to be cold.
He laid under the covers of my bed, it's edges up until it covered his nose and he was slightly trembling.

"Love?"

"Yeah?" - He said, trying hard to breathe.

"What do you need?"

"A tea? And more medicine please." - He said in between breaths.

"What about your throat? The doctor said not to give you anything hot because it'll be worse for you."

"But I'm cold." - He pouted.

"I'll turn the heat on." - I said, leaning down and pecking his forehead, noticing it was practically burning. - "Can you sit up for me, sweet? You need to be up in order to breathe better."

He let out a few noises of complain and hissed when his back touched the headboard.

"My back hurts."

"Why? What do you feel?"

"I think it spread from my neck."

"The rash?"

"Mhmm." - He mumbled, closing his eyes.

"Okay. I'll bring you the medicine for your throat, the cream for your back and a wet cold cloth for your fever."

"And turn the heat on."

"Yeah. That too."

I sighed and rushed out of the room to find a cloth so I could soak it in cold water.
Then, I struggled to turn the stupid old heater that wasn't even electric and returned to the room with a glass of water too.

Harry was still sitting up against the headboard with his eyes closed. He was panting for air, his throat completely closed and irritated from inside.

I gave him a glass of water and a pill for him to swallow.

Then, I pulled his chin up and let the wet cloth rest on his forehead and I moved to find the cream for his rash in - now - Harry's bedside table.

The thing is, he already claimed part of my apartment as his', and I truly couldn't care less. He said he was more comfortable this way, and I was happy that he could feel that around me.

I moved to sit behind him in replacement of his pillows, both my legs at his sides as I pulled his shirt up in search of the irritated skin that needed treatment.

Harry hissed and cursed at me as he kept the cold cloth pressed to his forehead, but I tried my best to ignore his complaints, knowing the only thing that could actually make it better, was the cream. So I started moving my fingers on his back , spreading the cream as good as I could with Harry wriggling under my touch.

"Sweet, I really need you to stay still."

"Sorry." - He mumbled, still having trouble with his breathing.