11. Well that was unexpected

Hii! New chapter!~
-----

"Here's your tea, and oh- oops." His mother was about to hand Toga her tea but it slipped.. Luckily Toga has some pretty fast reflexes and managed to catch it, muttering an, 'It's alright'
That's not right.. His mother never slips up like that, especially with guests over.. And if she did his mother had a quirk that let her levitate small objects. His mother is doing this on purpose..
But why?
"Anyway, are you a classmate of my Izu?" His mother cooed so sweetly, why was she faking? He could see Toga pretending to think, he almost laughed at how silly and former she was acting than her usual self. "Hmm.. HHMMM... Yes, yes. I am- I mean used to be his classmate." Toga had made sure to play the role correctly since Izuku had gotten expelled. "So.. How's your family? Are they doing well?" His mother's attempt of small talk almost made him sigh with how impolite she was being. Toga, none the wiser replied cooly. "Oh ya, ya. They're fine, they're great! My father just works longer shifts than my mother since she stays at home." His mother might not have noticed but he did, Toga seemed to have gotten a lot more nervous, her facade crumbled. She was uncrossing and re-crossing her legs starring at the the floor, the ceiling, just avoiding his mother's gaze. He decided to speak up and help Toga. "Um, mother. Do you remember what you said last time? By any chance did you happen to cook any soup today?" He could smell the food in the kitchen and hopefully that would keep his mother busy. "Ah, your right. Would you be a dear and serve it?" He froze. But his mother burst into a laugh before talking again, "I'm kidding Izu, I'll get it, you keep our guest company." And his mother got up and went towards the kitchen. As soon as she was out of sight and earshot he went to sit next to Toga's side.

He grabbed her hands to comfort her.
Her breathing was a bit ragged and uneven. "Hay.. Toga are you alright?" She didn't respond to him immediately and he could see a tear or two roll off her cheek. "I-i'm fine. I'm alright." He tilted her head slightly up to wipe away her tears. She smile at him, "We can do this." Just then the door to the kitchen burst open and both he and Toga jumped up. Her tears ceased and Izuku hurried to get back to his seat. "WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT DO YOU WANT!?-" "Mom!-" His mother had a knife being held in the air by her telekinesis, he tried to get her to calm down but she wouldn't listen to him. "My Izuku got expelled, and NO ONE knew. So how do you?! Bakugo Katsuki was in my Izu's class, his mom says there wasn't any school today so why the heck are you wearing a uniform in the cold?! Who the HELL EVEN ARE YOU!?!" Toga backed away defensively, "Um, ma'am.. Ms. Midoriya, I am actually an exchange student. Today I was hoping to get enrolled and start school, hence the uniform. But sadly my enrollment has not been completed, my name is Himiko Toga. Now, please put the knife down, I don't mean to be full of myself but my parents sure ought to worry." The way Toga was able to say that so calmly surprised him, or maybe she's just really good at acting. His mother seemed to think a bit before putting the knife down. "Fine, but don't hang around my Izu. Izuku, say good bye to our guest." His mother didn't even apologize! She was just walking to her room, he'd never expect this from his mother!

"Hay Toga.. When you came.. My mom wasn't actually being nice, she was-" He didn't finish talking to her as she sighed. "I know.. Everything she said wasn't re ally genuine, I've gotten pretty good at telling. Anyways it's best I leave, see you at Takoba beach?" She said already half way out the door. "Ya, see you there tomorrow." He said.
Toga had left and Izuku didn't know what to do so he just went up to his room. His mother probably didn't want to talk right now, he just can't believe she'd do something like that on purpose.

Now what? Hmm? Toga texted...
He turned on his phone and looked at what she had texted him. She messaged him a smiley face and then something else. She suggested he design a hero costume, preferably something more professional. That's actually not a bad idea. So he pulled out a notebook, it was like one his hero analyse books but this one was completely blank. He started doodling a bunch of designs and showing Toga. She made suggestions like making the sleeves longer, or making them shorter, and the color scheme. By the end of the night he and Toga had come up with something they both liked. It was just a fun little thing to do, besides it would be impossible to even make it. It would cost lots of money, and time.
After that they texted each other goodnight and Izuku once again apologized about his mother acting rude. Soon enough his mother will know how great of a person Himiko was.

But until then.. He's pretty sure they're not gonna be meeting again any time soon. And maybe that's a good thing. I mean his mother literally pulled out a knife, he's surprised Toga didn't scream. And if Toga and his mother do ever meet again, he's not sure he can pick sides. This is just all very chaotic, and messy.. Hmm, maybe he should visit Ms. Mitsuki, Kaccan's mom. She's nice and he hasn't seen her in a while. But if what his mother said was true, she probably wouldn't be too keen if he brought Toga along.
He'll figure this out in the morning, it's already dark outside.

-----
(1007 words excluding this)