41. Merry crisis.

Christmas, oh yes, Christmas. A holiday of spreading cheer.. Except, it was never the same after his dad left. His mom also clearly hadn't gotten over the fact of it yet. So while he had celebrated the holiday yesterday with his mother, today, he would have his own separate Christmas, with Himiko.
"Hi, izuuuu!" She would yell as she captured him in a hug. "Hay, Himiko." He gently laughed. He brought his hand up to pat her on the head. She blew a stray stand off of her face before getting off of him.

"You sure are hyper." She nodded furiously before responding, "Of course! It's our Christmas. Technically, the day after but who cares."
"I'd say it's the perfect time for Christmas dinner then." He responded. "It better not be too crowded." She frowned. "How about we do takeout? We could tour the city, none of the decorations have been taken down yet." He suggested, "I like the way you think, Izu."

And just like that, they scaled buildings. And maybe they only got spotted by the police once or twice..
"Geeze, how do you do it Toga?" He asked, out of breath. "Do what?" She laughed. This question always came up, she was wayyy better than him at anything that required going fast and skill. "You know, this. The running." He panted. "You get better the more you do it. You're not too bad yourself." "How do you make time for it, with school and stuff?" She stilled.
"You got chased at school, didn't you?" She asked him. He nodded. And that's when he realized. "You too?" "Yeah." She answered. And a mutual understanding was made between them. Sure they were outcasts, but they were fine with it. Otherwise, how would they have met?

Toga may have left out the part that she no longer attended school. And that maybe she got chased outside of all that. What he does not know cannot hurt him.

They lay there, watching the shitshow of a world they lived in. And it wasn't so bad, least not today. But they both knew it wouldn't last. The afterglow of Christmas, give it a few weeks. Their love would last forever. "I love you, Toga." She held a mistletoe in one hand, lifting it above them. "I love you too." Their lips connected. Making the day just a bit jollier.

(397 words excluding this.)