~07

The kiss lasted for more than 5 seconds.

I felt Jin's lips moving in sync with mine, and my head felt like it was on the clouds.

My hands gripped Jin's coat as I anticipated the bond to happen.

Finally, we both pulled away, and I opened my eyes slowly.

For a moment, nothing happened.

Jin put a hand to his mouth, and I could see his ears turning red. "Let's wait, this could usually last for three minutes or more--"

Suddenly, bright light engulfed me and Jin. A warm feeling rushed over me, and I was practically glowing.

"J-Jin?" I stuttered, and I saw that he was glowing bright, too.

We both looked at each other, and our chests emitted flashes of light, like a star.

Finally, when the light died down, one of my rings started to glow, and a red thread materialized out of thin air, wrapping itself on one of my rings.

My eyes glazed over as I watched the end of the string attached itself to the dark ring of Jin's finger. As soon as it wrapped itself on his ring, it glowed too. When we got linked, I felt a wave of energy and emotions pass through me, and tears pricked my eyes. I took a deep breath, and I even stumbled. If Jin wasn't there to catch me, I might've been squashed.

We both stood there, his arms supporting my body, as I tried to blink back my tears. 

"It's okay, it's okay. It's overwhelming at first." He said, caressing my back, and pulling me closer to him.

I held unto him, trying to regain my posture.

When I had calmed down, I pulled back, touching my glowing ring. I had found my first soulmate.

I smiled, and again, I felt a wave of comfort wash over me. I heard that soulmates receive the emotions of their soulmates. It comes off as a feeling, like an aura. Jin was trying to comfort me.

"I found you," Jin said, taking my hand. This time, I didn't pull back. I squeezed it lightly.

"I'm sorry I doubted you. I've...had my share of kisses, and from all of them, I desperately hoped that at least one of them would be my soulmate."

I realized what I had said and immediately blushed. "Wh-What I mean is... I-I haven't been going around kissing strangers, of course, it's just--"

Jin laughed, and I could see it was genuine. "Don't worry, I get it. But this time...it's real."

I smiled, but then I remembered our exchange earlier, and I blushed again.

"Are you okay, Miss L/N? Are you sick?"

"No, I'm fine. I'm just...flustered."

"I'm...sorry," he said.

I looked up at him surprise. "What for?"

"Well...for a lot of things. You were right, Jungkook did contact me telepathically a while ago, asking me if I was with you. Of course, I couldn't lie, and told him yes. I'm sorry for telling him without you knowing. And...pulling you here with me out of the blue was also surprising, right? Again, I'm sorry, but we do host a company lunch with new recruits, except we had lunch without the company. And I'm also sorry for using my ability on you without permission, I didn't mean to. I'm...still in the process of learning how to control my abilities well. Still, I'm sorry. That wasn't very polite of me." He looked away, looking sincerely apologetic, and my heart softened for him.

He was still learning how to control his powers? Well, that wasn't unusual. After all, it took Nayeon five years to learn how to tone down the blossoms that grow around her. But before that, we really had to deal with thorned roses poking out from our seats, or the uncontrollable vines that grew almost everywhere when she became too excited.

"It's fine. I'm not mad about it or anything." I assured him.

"Well, if you say so. But Miss L/N--"

"Please, you can call me Y/N, now that we're soulmates."

"Y/N," As soon as he said my name, my heart almost skipped a beat. "I know it's too early. But you can let me know if you're ready to confront our other soulmates. But it's also fair for them to know that you're our missing soulmate. So that nothing can be too rushed."

I nodded. "You can tell them. I mean...they must've waited so long for me to come along, right? I think they have the right to know."

"I knew you'd say that. Okay, so don't worry, I won't say a word. Ah, wait...did you just accept?"

I chuckled. "Yes. You can tell the others."

Jin put his hands to his face and grinned. "Yes! Oh, the kids are gonna be so excited!"

I stopped. "Kids? You guys have kids?"

"What?"

"What?"

.

.

.

Awkward silence settled between us.

Then, Jin laughed. "You see, I'm the eldest among them, so when I say 'kids', I'm talking about them."

"Oh," I laughed. "That makes much more sense."

They shared a bond already, right? I wonder...

"Um, this might be a really weird question to ask..." I started. "But...did all of you...kiss...each other when you found out that you were soulmates?"

.

.

.

Again, awkward silence remained, and we both just stood there.

This time, it was Jin's turn to blush. "W-Well, like I said, Y/N, a bond forms when soulmates kiss... And...that mostly applies to everyone."

"Mostly?"

He turned even redder. "W-What I mean is, yes, we did kiss."

Jin paused as I let those words sink in. O-okay.

"Don't worry, it's fine. I've got three girl friends who're soulmates too."

"Girl...friend...?" He looked at me, his eyebrows raised.

I jumped. "No, girl friend. Girl, space, friend. I mean my group of friends, friendo, amigo, chingu, buddies. Not...not in that way... I mean, the three are soulmates and they love each other, but...I'm just like...more of a friend to them...I mean...they love me too, but...you know...it's...ohmygosh never mind." I looked away.

"I get what you're saying, don't worry." Jin said.

Why do I always have to say the weirdest things?