~23

While in the elevator, I couldn't help but ask. "Did you guys find out why your abilities couldn't work earlier?"

Beside me, Seokjin pursed his lips. "We still don't know. Namjoon said he'd try to investigate while on the beach. We still haven't heard from him."

"It's strange no matter how hard I think about it," I remarked. "Jimin tries to use telekinesis but it doesn't work. A huge wave comes out of nowhere and knocks me underwater." I glanced at Yoongi. "Were you guys expecting a large wave?"

He shook his head. "The waves were small. And it's supposed to be that way. Usually the waves grow bigger when you reach the corals, but you couldn't have gone that far. You could still touch the sand, right?"

I nodded. "I don't get why it got colder and colder the more I waded in. I mean, usually the cold lasts for only seconds when you're in the water, right? But in this case..."

The three of us didn't say anything, but we all suspected the same thing: someone had intentionally tried to drown me. It would have been someone who had nature abilities. I hope they have a good reason for costing someone's life like this, though I still won't forgive them.

As we reached the ground floor, the doors opened and we walked to the lobby.

We didn't have trouble trying to look for the others. They were the tallest men in the room, so you could easily see their faces.

Jimin was the first to spot us. His eyes locked mine, and he ran towards me. He was smiling so big, his eyes were like moon crescents. "Y/N!" He shouted, pulling me in a big bear hug.

He smelled like cinnamon, and I did my best to stop myself from squeezing his cheeks together. I hugged him back.

Yoongi folded his arms together, smiling. "What, no hug for me? I helped Y/N bring back your towel."

"All right, fine." Jimin chuckled, hugging Yoongi too.

"Yah, me too. I helped babysit your two saviors," Seokjin said, spreading his arms out. "I deserve a hug as payment."

Jimin sighed and embraced his hyung. "Gosh, you guys just love my hugs, don't you?"

I chuckled as I watched the three of them goof around. I didn't notice Namjoon stand beside me.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, genuine concern in his eyes. "Feel better?"

"I feel better." I answered truthfully. I did feel a lot better after my panic. And of course, napping for 12 hours was enough to put me back at ease...if you could call that napping.

"Y/N!" Hoseok and Taehyung both yelled as they ran towards me and squeezed me in a hug.

"Are you okay?"

"You're not hurt, are you?"

"You don't feel sick, right?"

"Is there anything we can do for you?"

I waved their frantic questions off with a laugh, though secretly, I kind of enjoyed the attention they were giving me. Who knows how long it would last. "I'm fine, you two. But I do need food. I'm hungry."

"Y/N," another voice called out. It was Jungkook. He smiled a bunny smile at me. "You good?"

I leaned on his shoulder. "I feel great." Then, telepathically, I said.

Thanks for removing that dream.

"No problem," he answered. "Just contact me if you ever have trouble sleeping. I'll send you some good dreams."

"Yah, are you two talking telepathically?" Seokjin asked, removing us from our conversation. "You lovebirds!"

Jungkook turned red. "We were just--"

"Don't worry, we don't mind. As long as Y/N gets to spend equal time with all of us." Namjoon suggested.

Hoseok put his arms on either side of Yoongi and Jimin. "Wait, so does that mean Monday for you, Tuesday for Taehyung, Wednesday for--"

"Probably something else, but similar to that."

I nodded. "I don't mind, either. I like spending time with all of you, and I'll be sure not to have favorites."

Beside me, Taehyung pouted. "Really? Not even me?"

"Ah, well, you're all my favorites."

"So who became your first favorite, then?" Yoongi asked me.

I swear, these men absolutely love teasing me. "No one. I love all of you equally."

"So, is that why you bonded with Seokjin hyung first?" Jungkook looked at me, eyebrows raised. "'Cause he's the eldest?"

I waved my hands in front of me. "This has nothing to do with bonding."

"Of course, Y/N should've bonded with me first." Seokjin replied. "It's because I'm too precious. Even I think I'm too precious."

"I don't remember anyone asking you if you're precious, hyung." Namjoon told him.

"Why not? He is precious," I blurted out.

Seokjin grinned at me. "Right? See, guys, Y/N understands me. Because I'm your first favorite, right?"

"Ye--what? No!" My stomach grumbled inside me. "You know what, whatever. You guys go debate who I like more, I'm gonna go find food, no one better stop me." I huffed and headed over to the left hallway, where the dining area was.

Third Person POV:

As Y/N walked away in a flurry, everyone couldn't help laughing over her reactions.

"Well, at least she's back to her old self. I was worried she'd be traumatized and quiet from the whole thing." Namjoon breathed a sigh of relief.

Yoongi smirked. "Not sure if she'd forgive us for teasing her like that, though."

"Don't worry. It's Y/N, she's gonna be fine after dinner," Seokjin said. He looked at Namjoon. "But...did you guys find out what happened at the beach?"

At this, Namjoon's mood darkened. "We couldn't find out what exactly caused that abnormal wave, or why our abilities couldn't work. But...we did find a clue. Taehyung, show them."

Taehyung unshouldered his backpack and pulled out a plate number. But it wasn't a regular plate, it was a silver rectangular slab, deeply etched with two figures each holding a coin--the symbol of the government. He gave it to Seokjin, who regarded it with disgust. "No, thanks. Uh, Yoongi, you hold it. I don't like to touch government stuff."

"I don't like to touch government stuff too," Yoongi explained, though he took the plate from Taehyung. 

"We think the government's behind all this," Jungkook said, his jaw clenched and hands balled into fists at his side. "We still don't know why."

Hoseok frowned. "They're gonna pay for messing with our soulmates."

"I'm scared," Namjoon admitted. "That they might be using Y/N as their target to get to us. How did they find out?"