~21

I slowly opened my eyes, dizzy from what had happened.

"Let her breathe, guys," Namjoon...?

I doubled over, coughing out water that I had swallowed. My vision was still blurry, as my lungs finally freed the water it contained. I felt a few pats on my back, and they were all saying a bunch of things I couldn't understand.

"Y/N, can you hear me? Are you okay?" It was definitely Namjoon speaking.

Finally, my vision cleared and I saw six faces watching over me, panicked and worried clouding their expressions.

I tried to stand, but I realized I was wrapped around in warm towels and blankets, lying on the warm sand. The sun was already high, though a few clouds were perched here and there. Sitting there made the cold I had felt melt away.

"W-What happened?" I mustered. I felt incredibly weak, and the cramps I had felt back at the water were now attacking my joints.

They all looked at me with an expression I couldn't decipher. "You went under the waves. We don't know where it came from. It just appeared behind you. Jimin tried to reach out but our powers still weren't working. And then Namjoon used his illusion to make our powers work again and then Yoongi made one of his portals to dive in and catch you and--"

"Yoongi...saved me?" I croaked, my head still spinning from the cold water.

They all nodded, and I noticed tears forming in their eyes. "He jumped in from his portal to where you were located and he fished out."

Jungkook held out his hand and gripped mine. "Y/N, we thought we lost you," he said, leaning his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry..." I trailed off. My other hand gripped something wet, and I pulled it out from the layers of towels I had on. It was Jimin's towel, still dripping wet, just like me.

I looked at the owner and handed it to him. "Jimin, here's your towel."

Jimin's face scrunched up, and instead of taking it, he pulled me into a fierce hug. "You pabo! Why did you have to do that? You almost died!"

I blinked out tears. "I did it because I know how much you miss your family. I did it because--"

"That's not the point!" Jimin shouted, gritting his teeth. "Your health is more important to me than any other towel in the world. I should've stopped you before you fetched it. I should've--"

"It's not your fault," I chided him as we pulled away. "You're right, I shouldn't have acted so rashly."

"No, Y/N, don't blame yourself," Hoseok said sadly. In the distance, thunderclouds rumbled mildly. "You were only trying to do a kind thing for Jimin. It's our fault for not helping and watching out for you."

In the corner of my eye, I saw Yoongi lying on a mat, covered in towels and blankets, too. His arm covered his eyes, but I knew he was also freezing. Seokjin was sitting by him, using his powers to heal him.

"Yoongi..." I called out softly.

"I'm fine," he answered. "I'm fine. As long as you're safe."

A tear rolled down my cheek. 

It felt like I had just ruined everything for my soulmates. Instead of having fun and making memories with everyone, I just made them feel worse and guilty.

Seokjin turned around. "Y/N, don't be too hard on yourself. Hoseok is right. You were only trying to help Jimin." As he said those words, three waves of warmth, reassurance, and comfort washed over me. 

I wiped my tears with the back of my hand, embarrassed and frustrated to be crying like this in front of everyone.

Namjoon patted my back. "Well, there's nothing we can do about it now. Let's just check in at Grand Hyatt so that these two can rest. Seokjin hyung, you can be the one to drive."

"No, but he's gonna receive feedback from Yoongi and Y/N. He might not be in a good condition if he's gonna drive," Taehyung shook his head. "I'll be the one to drive instead."

The decision was made and, with the help of the others, we were heading to the van. 

We carried our flip-flops to the van, and our other belongings. Me, Seokjin, and Yoongi were positioned at the back, where a heater was fanning on our faces.

I looked over at Yoongi, who was resting. I reached over and held his hand. His eyes fluttered open, surprised by my actions.

"Thank you for saving me," I whispered. My voice was still weak, and my throat was sore.

I waited for him to get mad, to shout at me, to let go of my hand and tell me that I was crazy to wade in a freezing water all alone.

Instead of doing all those things, he squeezed my hand back, although his grip was a bit weak too. "I'd do anything for you."

"No, really... I'm sorry..." I said, close to bursting through tears. I turned and shifted my head the other way so they wouldn't see the tears streaming down my face. I closed my eyes, pretending to be sleeping, when I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. Yoongi pulled me closer to him, engulfing me in a warm hug.

I covered my head with my hands, blushing and crying at the same time.

"Let's...stay like this for a while..." Yoongi whispered in my ear.

Let's.