~11

Mr. Jeon--I mean, Jungkook--told me Jin was unavailable at the moment, so one of our soulmates will come pick me up instead.

I wondered who it would be this time. Obviously, he would also be as handsome as the first three I've met, and Jungkook assured me that he was kind and thoughtful.

Jung Hoseok was his name.

I stood waiting under the morning sun. I was still feeling the same emotions as Jin was, and although it wasn't as bad as yesterday, it still caught me by surprise.

Suddenly, a loud roar echoed throughout the street, and a black, two-door Bentley came into view. It was so fast, I barely had time to admire the handsome car when it pulled to a stop right in front of me. I figured this must be Hoseok's car. How rich are they that they could afford this?!

Then again, they are the number 1 company in Korea... Some peopleare just born with it all, aren't they?

The windows rolled down, and, just as I had suspected, he was also handsome.

"Annyeong," he greeted me, a big smile on his face. For a moment, I had forgotten how to breathe. His smile's brighter than the sun.

"Ah, hello..." I greeted back, automatically bowing.

"I'm Hoseok, but you may also know me by my alias J-Hope of Big Hit Appliances." He said, that joyful smile still on his face, making me smile back too

"Yes, Jungkook told me you'll drive me to Big Hit? Is that okay?" I asked.

Hoseok nodded energetically. "Of course it's okay. I don't mind driving for one of my soulmates."

I chuckled, then hopped in beside him. I was feeling excited to ride in one of the most expensive cars in the world. Everything looked so brand new, and the seats were so soft. But what amazed me more is the man sitting beside me.

"You're Y/N, right?" He asked as we drove away.

I nodded, "Yes, that's me. Jin told you about me?"

"Yeah, he did. But don't worry, it's just about you being our last soulmate and how you two bonded."

I sensed something in his voice. I didn't know if it was just in my imagination, but it almost sounded like jealousy. I scoffed inwardly. Who would ever get jealous of me? I'm just a nobody.

To change the subject, I asked, "Um, so why do you use an alias? So that no one would recognize you?"

"Well, I use an alias for the company and, yeah, so that no one would recognize me. I volunteered to become the host and actor for our commercials. Hm, I guess you could call me the face of the company," he said, putting a hand under his chin and making a wacky expression.

I laughed. It seemed like me and Hoseok shared a sense of humor.

I looked at him. "So what's your ability?"

"I can control the weather."

I widened my eyes. People who had nature abilities...they tend to be more powerful than they can let on. I wondered if Hoseok had trouble taming his powers too, but maybe it would be a bit personal. I need to take things slowly if I wanted to bond with my soulmates.

"That's cool. So, does everything you do affect the temperature and climate?"

Hoseok paused, thinking for a moment. "Most of the time, yes. Though of course, climate still remains the same. So, temperature and weather."

I wondered if Hoseok made it snow sometimes. Or made hurricanes. Although, based from the clear skies we've been getting, he must be in a great mood a lot.

"Wow, all of you have so amazing abilities." I commented, smiling at him. "I'm still confused, though. Most of you are so afraid your identities will be revealed. Why?"

He glanced at me. "Not sure if I'm the right person to tell you this, but we hide our identities because...well, the government's not really in favor with us raising a company for Odds. They still believe that people without special abilities are good-for-nothing. If only our president hadn't issued an article about giving equality to Odds, they would've demolished Big Hit Appliances by now. But even so, that article doesn't really do anything besides stopping them from destroying anything. They send in spies, doing everything in their power to disrupt our business and eliminate our employees one by one. It took us a while to create a safe place, where Big Hit stands to this day."

I knew all about the government's distrust and criticism against Odds. I still remember that time when my family used to lock me up in my room whenever guests arrive. I never got to experience birthday parties, nursery, or even a walk at a park, because they were too afraid that the government would evict me. Though they did homeschool me, it still felt like my own family were disgusted by me.

Yeah, it wasn't exactly a good childhood, and I've never shared it to anyone--not even to the girls.

It wasn't until everyone else my age were in high school when President XX*, who was an odd himself, declared an article that obligated everyone to show equality to Odds. It was called the Odd Article back then, and it might've been odd at some point. The government didn't approve, but of course, he was the president, so whatever action they make against him would strip them off of their jobs and end up as treason.

(*You can come up with any name, I'm all out of names XD)

It was back on May 16, 2011 and I stepped into the outside world for the first time. I started high school.

If it wasn't for the girls, maybe the bullying and the glares I received everyday wouldn't have stopped.

My heart squeezed painfully against my chest. Jin and the guys...they did their best to protect Odds and help them thrive, even though no one wanted to hire them. And yet some people never stopped to appreciate them.

Just like how no one ever appreciated me.

I knew I was probably giving Jin a lot of emotional feedback, but I didn't know how to control my inner feelings yet. I felt comfort and reassurance wash over me. It made my heart calm down a little.

"I'm glad you told me that," I said, and it was true. "It makes me understand you guys more."

"Well, I'm glad too. I've been dying to tell that to someone." Hoseok said as we rounded a corner. "And since you're our soulmate, I think it's only fitting for you to know."

"Thanks for trusting me," I replied gratefully. "I'm not sure I deserve to be your soulmate, though. There are a lot of girls out there, and they're all better than me. Heck, I bet they have special abilities that are worthy to be recognized."

"Hey," Hoseok said. "Don't bring yourself down. Everyone's special. And I think that imperfections make a person perfect."

There was a moment of silence, then I burst out laughing. "Hoseok, what are you saying?"

"I'm serious!" He reasoned, though he was laughing too.

After laughing together, we both turned serious.

"I'm serious," he said again. This time, I knew he meant it. "No one has to be perfect. No one has to be forced to become perfect for anybody. If they truly loved and accepted themselves, then they shouldn't let others' pressure force them to do things that make them unhappy."

Silence lingered in the car as I thought about what Hoseok said.

I was unhappy with the way we were treated back then, but I was even more unhappy when I got cut off from the world, not even getting a chance to meet other people like me.

Looking back on it now, I've gotten pretty far from the pits of despair. And now that I found my soulmates, I wasn't going to let them go.