2

"Will your father be okay with you moving out so suddenly?" Raven knew that it was unlikely, but still asked.

"Actually, he doesn't even know. I can't... he wouldn't allow me to."

"Yet you are," Raven focused his eyes on the road, often taking glances at the blonde girl next to him.

"I don't have a choice," Lorelei looked through the window of the 1930s car. Not many people had cars in town, and the few that did were extremely wealthy. For a pub owner, Raven was very well off. His father was the former mayor and continued to reign an influential position. They even handled one of the finest vineyards southward of the town, where they distributed their signature blends through the pub.

"I see. Do you think he will stay away, or will he cause trouble?" Raven didn't mind a bit of an uproar. If her father wanted to cause trouble, he could have handled it.

"I'm not sure. I'm hoping that he doesn't. I apologize in advance if he does," Lorelei felt sick to her stomach. What if he does cause trouble? Will I get fired?

"Don't worry about that. I can handle a little fist fight, if need be," Raven chuckled and wined down the window, allowing the late night air to ventilate the car.

"Oh, well, that's good to know. I bet you pack a heavier punch than you seem to be able to," Lorelei noticed the house as they made a turn on the street. The dimness of the kitchen lamp was on, and she could see that the wooden gate was left open. He can't be home already.

"I'm not as scrawny as I may seem, darling," Raven parked the vehicle in front of the house, and when he turned to Lorelei, he saw that petrified look again, "I'll come in with you, if you don't mind."

He unbuckled his seatbelt, and she quickly did too. As they exited the car, and headed into the house, noise was heard from inside.

"I really hope he's not home," Raven took her hand. Tough luck, darling. He seems to be.

"If he is, I'll handle it," Lorelei couldn't feel safe, knowing that her father could be inside, "go upstairs and get your sister, I think he's inside of the kitchen."

Raven ushered her up the stairs and stuffed his hands into his pockets. If he's a drunkard, this will be easy.

Boris popped out of the kitchen, holding a bottle of booze, and the angriest eyes Raven had ever come across, "who are yah?" Raven took out his wallet and looked down for a moment.

"That's not important. I'm taking your daughters with me. What will it take for you to let them go?" Raven thought that he was being fair. He didn't have to compensate Boris. But he thought that it would make things easier. Money wasn't an issue.

"I'll ask again, who are yah? And why are yah in my house?" Lorelei fetched her sister in her arms, including a sack slung over her shoulder, "and where do you think yah going, young lady?"

"She's coming with me, as I've already said," Raven expressed an irritated look, "don't expect to see them anytime soon."

Boris swung his bottle forward, and placed his index finger against his chin, "wait, I know yah. You're Papa Colt's son, aren't yah?"

"At least you're sober enough to remember that. We'll be leaving now, if you don't mind?" As Raven closed his wallet to place back into his pocket, Boris walked closer.

"No, no, I do have a price. And it's going to be heavy," Raven arched a brow and crossed his arms over his chest. Boris towered him by at least an entire foot. And he had big arms and a gigantic stomach, unlike the younger man.

"I don't think that's necessary anymore," Raven turned and looked at the two girls at the end of the staircase. Boris then grabbed his arm, making him look back.

"It is. Else they're not going nowhere."

"Go to the car. I'll be out in a few minutes," he instructed Lorelei, and Boris smiled. I'm going to get a hefty loudsome, "now, let's cut a deal, shall we?"

Boris released the grip on Raven's arm and stepped back, "yah, we shall."

Raven inhaled a deep breath and slipped his hand into his pocket. As he dangled the item in his hand, Boris' eyes widened.

"You certainly know who I am, and what I can do. I can shoot you point blank right now, and I'll get away with it," he took out his wallet with his other hand.

"I don't want any trouble," Boris lifted his hands in surrender.

"Good," Raven slipped out a few bills and allowed them to fall onto the floor, "don't come asking for more, and especially don't come asking for them. They're not your concern anymore."

Raven swung the gun in the air and stepped back. Placing it back into his pocket, he turned and walked away, knowing that he handled the situation perfectly. He slammed the door behind him, and headed over to the car. Lorelei and Hallie sat silently, and their heads bobbed up when he slid into the driver's seat and started the engine.

"What... what happened?" Hallie wrapped her hands around her sister's arm and leaned against her.

"He won't be a problem. Are you two okay?" Raven reversed onto the road, and began the journey to his place.

"Yeah," Lorelei looked down at her sister, whose eyes were even more fearful than hers, "we will be."