22

The next morning, Raven dropped Hallie to school, before heading into work. Lorelei had some housework to do, so she stayed home that day, while Papa Colt was at the diner, chatting up with his new girlfriend.

Savannah woke up really late. And felt extremely groggy when her eyes opened. She was in need of a long shower and some breakfast.

Stripping down her clothes, she stumbled into the bathroom, and turned on the shower. As the hot water washed away some of her worries, Lorelei was on the balcony, scrubbing the walls. She liked a clean house, even though Raven had scolded her for cleaning so much.

Lorelei really needed to be busy that day. Her thoughts were all over the place and focusing on a dirty wall seemed best. She'd clean Raven's room too, but he'd already told her not to go in there, and she wouldn't without his permission.

"Goodmorning," Savannah's body was wrapped in a towel. She looked at the blonde, and how the sweat beaded on her forehead.

"Morning. Did you sleep well?" Lorelei sucked in a breath, and refused to look at Savannah for too long, especially since she wasn't dressed.

"Yeah. I haven't slept so long in years," she placed her hand over her mouth to cover a yawn, "but it's nice. My parents probably think that I've moved in with Raven by now."

"Heading home soon?" Savannah shrugged. She didn't feel like dealing with her family yet, but it was probably a good idea to leave. She was still embarrassed, and the sting of rejection was getting to her.

"Probably. Is there any bread? I'm starving," Savannah sauntered into the kitchen, and looked around for anything consumable.

"I made eggs. And I'll toast some bread for you."

"No worries, I can manage my own."

"I don't mind," Lorelei grabbed the loaf of bread off of the counter, and cut a few slices, "I haven't eaten anything either."

Savannah pursed her lips and watched Lorelei move around the kitchen, ever so often taking a glance at her. She decided to get dressed, not wanting to make Lorelei uncomfortable.

Lorelei felt her heart thumping inside of her chest. She didn't know why Savannah made her feel as though her heart stood at the edge of the cliff. The adrenaline that ran through her body made goosebumps form on her skin. And she ached—ached for Savannah's presence, and her touch. But most of all, those perfect lips next to hers.

As much as she tried to deny everything that she felt on the inside, she was enamoured by the redhead. Why did Savannah make her feel things that no man ever could? She couldn't understand.

She prepared two plates and rested them onto the table.

"You should've let me help," Savannah walked towards her, "I'm not that stuck up and pampered, you know."

Lorelei just smiled and sat down. She needed a shower and a fresh change of clothes after she ate.

"How's your writing?" She decided to ask, curious and intrigued. Did she write anymore about me?

"Stale," Savannah broke a piece of dry toast. She didn't care for butter, or jam. She liked it untouched by any enhancements.

"How come?" Lorelei felt her heart stop inside of her chest. She was so anxious for an answer, and even nervous. Savannah sighed, not realizing how smitten the young blonde was.

"I don't know," she stuffed the piece into her mouth and chewed slowly, not looking up from her plate. How couldn't she notice those eyes that were sparkling just for her?

"I can't wait to read your next poem," that's when Savannah's head snapped up. She studied Lorelei's facial features, wondering if that smile was as genuine as it seemed to be. She really wants to read it?

"I, uh," she cleared her throat, "I haven't started it yet, but when it's finished, I'll get it to you right away."

"Thanks," their eyes met, and a spark ignited within both of their chests.

"It's my pleasure, Lorelei."