Chapter 10

It was the next day, a nice Saturday afternoon. You haven't heard from anyone. You woke up pretty late too. But no texts, no calls. Nothing.

You thought it was kinda weird but at the same time thought nothing of it. You got out of bed, marching your way downstairs.

Your parents left a note that they had gone out shopping, leaving you home alone.

You sigh, taking the note and putting it in your pocket. You run a hand through your hair before walking outside onto your porch.

You lean against your railing, taking in a breath before you hear a familiar click from next to you.

You glance over, seeing Michael sitting on the lower corner of his porch, away from the window of his house. A cigarette placed between his soft lips.

You hum, turning towards his direction, "Michael?" You call out.

He looked up at you, rolling his eyes and looking down.

You frown, "Michael..." you say again.

"Leave me alone." He said, grumbling to himself as he blew smoke out his nose.

You screwed up your face a bit, "Michael, what's wrong?" You ask.

Michael looked up at you, "My parents.. they're getting a divorce." He said, standing up and facing you. He put one hand in his pocket, "good news for you! Go and screw my dad all you want now!" He said, angry.

You feel your heart in your stomach, his words making you feel guilt all over.

"Michael, there's nothing going on between me and your dad-."

"Bullshit-! I wasn't born yesterday. Despite if something is going on, he likes you and you like him!" He spat, "end of story!" He said, shoving the cigarette between his lips and aggressively inhaling.

You bite your cheek, "I'm sorry." You say. "That it's all happening... you probably don't wanna hear that from me but... I am." You say, looking down and kicking at the ground.

Michael mumbled something before he dropped his cigarette, stomping it on the ground. "Whatever..." he sighed.

"I'll see ya later I guess.." he said, turning on his heels and walking inside.

You watch him, feeling a sick feeling in your stomach.

It's my fault. It's all my fault. I'm gonna lose Michael, I'm gonna lose William... I'm in deep shit.

Your thoughts were racing through your head. You pull out your phone.

You
Will.. can we talk?

read

——
Shorter chapter again this time. Apologies because yall seem to like the longer chapters-