Chapter 11

A few days go by, no texts. No visits. No conversations. Nothing.

You've ruined it.

Great going.

You were sat downstairs, sitting in the family room with your parents when you hear a knock on the door. You perk up, getting up from the couch.

"I got it," you say, fearful it's William at the door.

Your parents nod and go back to watching the show that was on the tv.

You walk over, peaking through the window. Michael? You open the door. You look at him, his eyes were puffy and his hair was sticking to his forehead.

You step outside and close the door behind you.

Before a word could leave your mouth Michael just pulled you close, embracing you in a tight hug.

You frown, rubbing his back soothingly, "Michael.." you say.

He just shook his head, burying his face in your chest.

You glance down once at him, sighing. You bite your cheek, looking around slightly.

"Michael, why don't you come inside." You say.

He just nodded.

You wrapped an arm around him, leading him inside. You hope your parents weren't paying attent-

"Ooo! Y/N, you've brought a friend over!" Your mom says, teasing you.

You shoot her a glare, she goes quiet. Quickly sensing the vibe.

You sigh, bringing Michael upstairs to your room. You shut the door, looking over to see Michael sitting on your bed, his face buried in his hands. He shook his head.

"Im sorry.." he choked out. "I can't stay around them right now." Michael said, choking out on his words.

You shake your head, "no no, don't be sorry. You're welcome to stay here whenever, for how ever long, alright?" You coo.

You walk over to him, sitting next to him on the bed. You wrap your arms around him, "I'm here to talk..." you say, screwing up your face a bit.

Michael hiccuped, "I-If I talk I'm go-gonna cry.."

"Then cry, Michael. It's ok." You assure him, rubbing his back again.

Michael looked up at you, sitting up straight, "turns out! My mom.. has b-been cheating on my dad for years! Years! Y/n! Years!" He choked on his words, trying so hard to keep in his angry tears that wanted nothing more than to stream down his face.

Your breath stopped for a second, you look at him.

"H-He's so angry.. every word out of his mouth is a curse. He's cursing at me, my siblings- I can't- y/n, I've got Liz and Evan asking me why mommy doesn't love daddy? My mom won't answer my calls, yesterday she left the house and hasn't come back-. It's been such a hard week, y/n.." He wiped his eyes aggressively. "Am I being dramatic? I probably am.. I'm so sorry- I'm-"

"Michael." You cut him off. "You're going through stuff right now... you're not being dramatic. You're allowed to feel how you feel right now." You sigh, frowning.

He just went quiet, silent. He leaned on you. He then wrapped his arms around you. "I-I'm sorry I was mad at you.." he said.

"Stop apologizing. You did nothing wrong, listen to me. You're gonna be ok alright? I get it, it's hard..." you say.

As you whisper soothing things to him, letting him know that you're there you feel him calm down.

He just moved,
His friends don't want to hang out with him anymore,
The girl he likes.. likes his dad,
And now he's dealing with his parents' problems.

"I-I didn't mean to start breaking down.. I just don't know what to do.." he said, his voice full of hurt.

His tears held nothing but anger and confusion. He wasn't really.. sad. Though that will hit him eventually.

"It's unbelievable.." he muttered.

He sighed, clinging to you.

You just held him tighter, closer. "If at any point you wanna stay here feel free too, alright? Your siblings too." You say, looking down.

The two of you shifted a bit. You laid on your bed and Michael moved so his head was laid on your chest. You ran your hand through his hair.

"C-Can.. we just stay like this? For a bit? I'm so sorr-.."

"Of course." You cut him off, giving him a small squeeze.

"I guess if you wanna get with my dad now I'll start calling you mom.." he let out a small, hurtful chuckle.

You just stay quiet...

Hearing him mutter things like,

I'm a crybaby, aint I?

Or

Years.. years! With god knows who..

Or

What if my mom is done with all of us..

Every word that came out his mouth made your heart ache.

You felt guilty, how could you be comforting Michael when the other day, you were ever so slightly happy because then you'd get a chance with William.

"I knew they were going to get divorced sometime.. M'not s-stupid. They stopped loving each other a while ago, but for my mom to do that? That hurts. It all hurts. I'm just.. I'm so.. scared." He ranted. "It's not my fault they got together as teens and thought they'd have the sweetest love story. Awh look, we're teen parents. High school sweethearts! They're so.. ugh..." He mumbled, ranting some more.

Teen parents?

You listened to him, humming gently, "I'm so sorry Michael.."

He just sighed, holding you tighter.

——
Sorry if this was bad I wrote it in class 😭🫂