Chapter 2

When I woke up this morning I was well rested

When I woke up this morning I was well rested. I fell asleep right after eating last night. Rising to my feet I went about getting myself together for work. After my shower, I got dressed and made my way to the kitchen to grab some breakfast.

Not feeling in the mood to turn on the stove. I ate the leftovers of the food I had ordered last night. I checked the time and saw that it was 8:23am. I could either drive or walk to work, I chose the latter. Walking gives me to opportunity to get more familiar with the city.

Putting on the most comfortable shoes I had, I put on my trench coat and headed out the door. It was real nippy out today, halfway through the walk I was regretting not driving. The walk took me around 15 minutes or so. As I neared the entrance of the shop, the realization that I had to stand for 8 hours a day while serving customers didn't sit well with me. I already wanted to quit.

You can still turn around and call in sick.

"Arya hi, it's so good to see your pretty face again. Thank you for coming in today it means a lot." Mrs. Jones opened the door to greet me.

Great.

"It's no problem Mrs. Jones"

"Oh, enough of that call me Karla." I walked inside as she held the door for me. "Would you like a cup of coffee or some pastries to get your day started?"

"I actually just ate before coming here but I'll definitely take you up on your offer at the end of my shift."

"Alright honey, come on let me show you how to work the register."

Just then the front door opens to a red head female who came straight behind the counter. She was really pretty and her olive skin tone was radiant.

"Good Morning Camilla. How you doing?" Karla greeted her.

"I'm alright, how are you doing today?"

"Oh you know, a little bit of this and a little of that. Camilla this Arya, the newest member of our team. I want you to help me in showing her the ropes."

"It's really nice to meet you Arya, you'll love it here. Welcome to the team." She stretched her hand out for a handshake. She had a warm and welcoming smile.

"It's nice to meet you too, thanks for being so welcoming." I shook her hand.

"This is totally random but you are so beautiful," She complimented me.

"Isn't she a beauty? Absolutely stunning my dear." Karla handed me a brand new apron.

"Aww you guys are sweet, thank you."

"Should I be worried?" A amused voice came from behind me. I didn't even hear the bells jangle.

"Lucas you know I'm all yours." Camilla smiles and walk up to the man to peck his lips. He was light skinned, tall and had hazel eyes. He kind of reminded me of Michael Ealy.