Chapter 25

"Look who I found?" Lucio walked in the auction room dragging Zeanna in with him

"Look who I found?" Lucio walked in the auction room dragging Zeanna in with him. She had changed from that golden dress I saw her ran out of here with. She's now in jeans and a sweater. She looked terrified and defeated.

As she should be.

"Pathetic." I spat. "Put her to the side, I'll handle her in a moment."

"Are you really going to kill your own flesh and blood?" Valentino asked. He dropped his weapon. "Don't worry I was expecting you."

Officers flooded the room and aimed their weapons at us. More of Valentino's men entered the room as well. We were way outnumbered.

My brother started laughing hysterically.

"Bet ya didn't expect this, did you dear old brother of mine."

I gritted my teeth in annoyance and looked at the reason for why this was happening.

Zeanna.

"Don't be mad at her, she didn't know she was working for me."

Upon hearing that Zeanna's facial expression changed into one of confusion.

"Mike, what is this!?" I heard her yell.

"Mind your business Zeanna." The man said back to her.

Zeanna tried to wiggle out of Lucio's hold.

"Hold still you little traitor." Lucio gritted out.

"You're supposed to convict them both, why the fuck didn't you tell me you all were working for Valentino?" She replied.

"I don't trust you Zeanna, you betrayed us once and as I said, it's nothing personal."

"You sick fucks you're willing to work for someone who is trafficking literal children." She yelled tears coming from her eyes as she continued to try and escape.

She looked pissed. She looked like she wanted to lunge at her partner.

The Mike guy just rolled his eyes.

Another man walked up next to Valentino and they shook hands.

He was Zeanna's boss from what I saw when I looked into her file.

"Fratello, you okay? You look like you're seeing red." My brother mocked me. "And Zeanna, you got this all wrong, I'm not trafficking women, my brother, your lover is. I'm just the one who's here to stop him with the help of your co-workers."

"So this is your plan? You knew I'd come and take the girls to safety. So, now you're going to make it seem as if I'm the one trafficking those women."

"You were always a smart boy Adriano. And now with you rotting in prison for my crimes, I can continue my operation with no interruption." He laughed.

"Jack, this is wrong. They both need to be convicted-"