Chapter 22

I've consciously made my decision for a while but now I'm acting on it

I've consciously made my decision for a while but now I'm acting on it. I'm done with this case, I'm choosing Adriano. When his mission is over I'll tell him everything.

He officially left a few hours ago. I arranged a meet up with Mike to let him know that I'm done, so he shouldn't expect me to feed him anymore information. I'm set to leave in a few hours.

I knew I was risking everything but this has gone on long enough. I could possibly lose Adriano once I tell him everything and that's what I fear most.

As time went on, the more I wanted to change my mind because of that same fear but I'm ignoring it and doing what's right.

Taking a nap to temporarily rid myself of the nerves eating away at me, I woke up feeling a little less stressed.

I still had time before my meeting with Mike.

With my mind going a million miles a minute, I paused at the memory of Dario and Alessandro's interaction at the cafe.

Who is this Samai Johnson?

Sure my mothers maiden name is Johnson but that doesn't mean anything. And I'm not an orphan.

Still I couldn't shake the feeling of something being off.

Maybe I should look more into her.

After glancing at the clock, I decided to get ready to meet my partner.

Throwing on a pair of sweats and tying my hair in a bun at the back of my head, I was ready to head out.

The most difficult task would be trying to leave without alerting the guards. I already knew the route I'd take but I just need the guards to believe I'm sleeping.

With everything that's going on, the guards have been doubled and have been given strict orders to keep me safe.

I walked down to the kitchen and saw most of the guards eating dinner.

"Arya, I was just coming to ask if you wanted some dinner. I made barbecue fried chicken with fried rice." Johnny, the head security guard said.

It actually smelled really delicious. Johnny always made amazing dishes and I doubt this one would be any less yummy than the previous ones.

"I would love some, but not now." I said weakly. "I actually have a really bad headache, so I'm just gonna take an advil and sleep for a few hours. I'm sensitive to light and loud noises so I'm gonna dim the lights on my floor." I said putting the hoodie over my head.

As soon as I said that, one of the guards got up to dim the lights in the kitchen.

"Seems like you're having a migraine, I have some feverfew and ginger. I could make you some tea out of it to help relieve some of the pain if you'd like." Johnny offered.