Chapter 6

It's Tuesday and today I officially start working

It's Tuesday and today I officially start working. I haven't seen Adriano since that night in the parking lot but I have a feeling I was going to see him today. After getting dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a plain beige t-shirt, I put on a hoodie and my jacket and started my journey to work.

I was grateful that this job was super calm. Dealing with customers back to back on a nonstop basis would drive me crazy.

Entering the shop, I was greeted by a smiling Camilla.

"Good Morning gorgeous,"

"Good morning Camilla, good morning everyone."

"Hi sweetie," Karla greeted me. "How was your weekend?"

"It was good, I was able to get some well needed rest."

"That's wonderful dear,"

"What about you guys?"

"Me and Lucas just stayed in for the most part," Camilla responded.

"Same as you Arya, just rested." Came Karla's reply.

After greeting everyone I went behind the register to help put out the pastries and refill the coffee ingredients. Camilla cleaned off the tables and Lucas was in the kitchen prepping.

Once Karla opened the shop, the traffic that was coming in and out was steady. Camilla and I were having casual conversation while Karla was in the back with Lucas, baking.

"You've never seen Behind her eyes?"

It was now a little past lunch hour and no new customers came in yet. I was facing Camilla at the coffee station.

"I've seen it on Netflix but never watched it." I responded truthfully.

"What!? Girl, you have to watch it, it's only six episodes and you won't regret it."

"I agree, it's a good watch," Lucas commented from the kitchen.

"If he's saying it's good than that means it's actually good because Lucas doesn't normally watch shows or movies unless it catches his attention."

"Okay, I'll binge the six episodes this weekend and tell you what I think."

"Yay, okay." She clapped her hands.

"Just know that won't be the end of it, she'll be coming to you with more recommendations so prepare yourself." Lucas warned me.

"That's okay," I smiled.

"So, Ms. Arya, on Saturday did anything or anyone in particular catch your attention?" Camilla asked.

Huh?

"No, why?"

"Not even me?" The voice startled me because I didn't even hear the bells make any noise.

"Good afternoon Adriano, what can I get for you?"

There was a twinkle in his eye when I asked him the question. The side of his lips twitched upwards and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Just the usual and a plain bagel with cream cheese please," His voice was so attractive, I had to calm myself and remember my goals here.

When I turned around Camilla was nowhere to be found, which was weird because she was just standing behind me.

"Your usual is the sweet maple medium right?"

"Yes,"

"Alright just give me a second,"

I went about making his drink and his bagel, I just knew the entire time he was watching my every move.

"Here you go, that'll be $8.25."

He handed over a twenty and put the change in the tip jar.

"You still didn't answer my question Arya," He had the cutest smile on his face.

"What question?"

"Are you going to let me make up Sunday night?"

"Ahhh, so it was an excuse to see me again." I smirked.

"Yes," He smiled.

I was not expecting him to admit that.

"Hmm," I tapped my chin. "I'll think about it,"

"Fair enough, I have some work issues that needs sorting." He took a sip of the coffee. "Enjoy the rest of your evening beautiful, I'll see you soon."

"Have a good rest of your day Adriano."

He's really been playing this Mr. Nice Guy role really well. What happened to the dark and ruthless persona?

Time reveals all.

I began wiping down the counter and making it look tidy before other customers came in.

"That was pretty interesting." Camilla commented from right next to me.

"What the fuck!" I jumped. What is this girl on?

"What?" She asked.

"Girl, you just scared the shit outta me!" I held my heart.

"Sorry," She says sheepishly. "It's a habit I developed because of an old job,"

"It's okay, just gotta get used to it." I said still holding my chest.

"So, Adriano huh?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I went about doing my duties.

"This is the first time I've seen him actually interested in someone,"

"You all seem to know each other pretty well," I commented.

"Yea, we're all old friends."

Interesting,

"We'll, it's nothing really. He's just being nice. You know, with me being new and all." I tired to downplay it.

"If you say so girlie, if you say so." She said before heading off to collect the empty dishes from the tables.

Seems I chose the right place to work. I need to know if they simply know Adriano on a surface level or if they really know him. Either way, I can use my 'interest in him' to find out more information from both him and my coworkers.

I gotta play my cards right because this can either go really well or really bad.

Later that day

I just took a refreshing bath and planned on ordering takeout to end my night. I was in the mood for some wings. I went on UberEats in hopes of finding a wing spot with good reviews and luckily I found one.

After placing my order I set my phone to the side and just sat down staring into space. When I finally came back to it, I realized I was sitting hunched over, no clothes on, just looking at nothing. I felt so lazy, I didn't even want to move.

After a few minutes of this, I peeled myself away from the bed and put on some clothes. I got my diary and wrote down all the new things and potential places and people who would have information about Adriano.

After thinking about which angle I would play, I decided the next time I see Adriano, I would accept his offer.