Chapter 29

I don't know why I lied and told him I didn't know how I was feeling

I don't know why I lied and told him I didn't know how I was feeling. I was still very much in love with the man, but I was trying to move forward.

I left all of that behind, that life, Adriano, and that job. Last thing I want to do is go backwards.

It was now the next day and I hardly got any sleep because him showing up was running heavily on my mind.

I stretched in my bed then got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Two of my renters were leaving today and I had guests set to move in tomorrow at check in time. So, I had to go replenish and fix up the houses.

After my shower, I got dressed and headed to megamart. I grabbed two cases of water, some welcome snacks and a few necessities.

My rental properties were in the same gated community I lived, so it made it really easy to get everything done. I currently own six of them and I'm in the process of building two more. At first I was going to do lease rentals but I decided on short term rentals, Airbnb.

Walking into the first property, I was grateful because the guests left everything spotless and there were no damages. I put down the grocery bags and got to work stripping the sheets and taking down the curtains of all three bedrooms. I put them all in a big trash bag so that I could take them to get them washed.

I then unlocked the storage room and grabbed clean towels, bed sheets, and curtains. After I was done putting them up in all three bedrooms and bathrooms, I went over the house, cleaned and dusted. When everything was in order I grabbed my welcome card and wrote a greeting to my next guests. All my properties were self check in so I wouldn't be here to greet them.

Lastly I put a case of water on the counter, then refilled the snack basket. I did a last run through of the house to make sure everything was in order. Air conditioning unit, Tv, washer and dryer, microwave and all other electronics were clean and working correctly.

I stepped outside and took off the master key lockbox so I could change the pin and put the key inside. I felt a presence behind me and I spun around quickly to see Adriano standing there with his hands in his pocket.

"Hey."

"Hi." I greeted.

"You look great."

I was in shorts and a tank top. I was sweaty and my hair was all over the place.

"Uh, thanks."

"And I forgot to mention yesterday but I love what you did with your hair." He smiled sincerely.

My hair now cut low, after moving to this country I wanted a fresh start. It was something I said I wanted to do for a long time so I finally cut it. My signature hairstyle was a short curly afro.

"Thanks."

"I know I said I'd give you some time, but I wanted to see you." He looked nervous.

"How did you know where I was?"