Chapter 4

Amber Chamberlin

"Cassidy, we've been back at Hogwarts a week and you're telling me you're already behind on homework?!" Nadia cried as Cassie looked embarassed. She had always struggled a little with her studies and it really stressed her out so she got behind regularly.

"Nads, you know I'm dumb so what do you expect?!" Cassie cried, sitting down on the sofa next to me and running her hand's through her hair in frustration.

"Cass you aren't dumb, you just need extra help. It takes time to go into you head." I told her with a sigh.

"But like Nadia said we're only a week in and I'm already struggling. This year is not going to be good." Cassie replied.

"I'll help you Cassie, but I have to do my own homework too." Nadia told her with a small smile.

"I know you do." Cassie nodded.

"So will I Cass." I smiled, giving her a one armed hug.

"Thank you, I love you both." Cassie smiled, reaching over to give Nadia a small hug.

"What's wrong my little Cassidy?" Tanner, Fred, James and his friend Kyle entered the Common Room and sat down.

"I'm just struggling again Tanner, nothing big." Cassie shrugged as if it was nothing whilst I rolled my eyes at her. Of course it was a big thing.

"Cassie, that is a big thing! Why don't you talk to McGonagall?" Tanner asked her.

"Nadia and Amber are going to help me anyway, I'll be okay." Cassie gave him a small smile accompanied by a blush.

"Nadia and Amber save the day!" Tanner grinned, giving us both a one armed hug.

"Hey, where's Kieran?" Nadia asked, looking at all the boy's individually for answer's. I hadn't spoken to Kieran for a few days and we were meant to be best friends. It was like he was avoiding me and I didn't know why. Maybe I did something wrong?

"I don't know, we haven't seen him all day." James replied, looking a little guilty.

"Has he been in lessons with you Cass, Fred?" I asked them both, suddenly worried about my best friend.

"Now that I come to think of it, he hasn't." Cassie replied. My eyes widened and I suddenly began to panic. Where was he?!

"I'm going to look for him." I said quickly, standing and making my way to the portrait hole.

"Amber wait! We all will! I'll come with you." James told me. Nadia, Cassie, Tanner, Fred and Kyle nodded and we all split into separate groups to find Kieran.

As soon as I exited the portrait hole, I quickly headed down the corridor to the left with James struggling to keep up behind me. I don't even know why he insisted to come with me, it was a little strange.

"Amber, Amber! Calm down he's going to be okay." James quickly caught up and ran in front of me to slow me down by taking both of my shoulder's and making me look into his eyes.

"But what if he's hurt?! We haven't seen him all day!" I cried, trying to get out of his grip.

"He'll be fine." James told me and for once his word's seemed to process through my head and they calmed me down.

"Where do you think he'll be?" I asked him.

"I think you know him better than I do Amber." James replied and he suddenly looked upset again like he had the previous morning. What was wrong with him?

"Why don't we try the library?" I ignored James' sudden sadness at that current moment. I needed to focus on finding my best friend.

"Okay." James nodded in agreement. We then immediately set off in the direction of the library. It was Kieran's favourite place to be in Hogwarts, but why would he want to be there all day?