Chapter 17

Amber Chamberlin

"AMBER! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Jenna's voice rang out throughout the house. Ever since Elena, Kyla, Camilla and my grandparents had left, our house had turned back into chaos. My parents were always running around for work purposes and Greg and Jenna were mostly always out.

"I'M UPSTAIRS JENNA!" I replied. Looking in the mirror at my reflection. For once, I had been able to choose my own dress and for once I felt beautiful in a dress. The dress was a straight down light blue colour with a band of jewels under the bust and on the straps. I had curled my hair so that it cascaded over one shoulder and I had picked out a pair of sparkly silver shoes.

"Mum and Dad want to know if you're-" Jenna appeared in the mirror behind me and smiled "You look beautiful Amber."

"Thank you, so do you." I smiled back at her. Jenna was wearing a red dress that was fairly similar to mine except that her dress was strapless and it didn't have any jewels on. She had out her hair into a simple but elegant up-do and she looked lovely. Red suited Jenna extremely well due to her having dark brown hair and dark eyes. It was definitely her colour.

"Thank you. Mum says it's time to go." She gave me a small smile.

"Okay." I nodded. I picked up my small clutch bag that had my wand in from the bed and followed Jenna out of my bedroom door.

Mum, Dad and Greg were stood at the bottom of the stairs in the entrance hall, Mum's heel's could be heard echoing against the marble floor as she paced a little.

"Thank goodness that you're ready Amber, I thought we were going to be late." Mum sighed and stopped her pacing. Like Jenna, Mum had dark brown hair and was wearing an elegant emerald green dress which suited her excellently. Her hair was half up half down and her make up done to perfection.

"Sorry, I'm here now." I told her.

"You both look ravishing girls." Dad smiled at myself at Jenna.

"Thanks Dad." I replied.

"Yeah thanks dad." Jenna told him.

"Can we go now?" Greg asked impatiently.

"Yes let's go." Mum said, walking towards the door and out of the house. Once we were all outside the house I took Dad's arm whilst, Jenna, Greg and Mum all apparated alone. Mum and Dad had apparated with us alongside since we were kids, so I was fairly use to it.

A few seconds later, we landed outside a huge house where all the lights were on and people were stood talking outside.

"Wow this house is beautiful." Jenna gasped as the five of us walked towards the front door.

"Do they live here?" Greg asked, gazing up at the house.

"No James told me that they use this house for parties and other events, but I'm sure they don't live here." I said more to myself than to Greg. I remembered James telling me once that his Dad had been left a huge house in his will but he didn't want to live in it because of them memory of his parents so instead they used it for parties and happy events.

Greg didn't answer my statement, instead he just stared at me like I was strange. We finally made it to the front door where a rather plump man in a suit was waiting with a clipboard.

"Your names?" He asked us rather rudely.

"We're the Chamberlin family, Daniel Chamberlin, Tamara Chamberlin, Gregory Chamberlin, Jenna Chamberlin and Amber Chamberlin." Dad gave the man all of our names.

"Very well. The main hall is just down there." The man pointed down a small corridor. Dad just nodded at him and we all made our way down to the hall.