Chapter 28

Amber Chamberlin

"Good morning my lovely girlfriend." James swooped down and kissed my cheek on the morning of November the 1st.

"Good morning my annoying boyfriend." I smirked at him as he sat across from me at my table in the common room.

"Hey!" He cried, quickly furrowing his eyebrows and crossing his arm's over his chest like a mardy child would.

"Oh shut up you know I'm only joking." I laughed at his expression as I flipped through my Advanced Potions book.

"I know, good thing that I love you." He grinned cheekily leaning over the table.

"Aw someone's in a cute mood today." I grinned, patting his cheek.

"Ew can you two please stop being disgustingly cute." Fred cringed as he, Kyle and Adira took spare seats and pulled them up to our table.

"Can I not have two minutes of privacy with my girlfriend." James rolled his eyes, sitting back in his chair.

"Mate with us around you'll never get two minutes alone." Kyle chuckled.

"Great." James muttered.

"Good morninggggg!" Adira grinned, sitting down on the edge of Kyle's chair as Nadia and Cassie got their own seat's.

"Morning." I laughed at Adira's happy grin. She was such a morning person.

"Why are you always so loud and happy in the morning Ads, it's so annoying." Kyle groaned, holding his hand's over his ear's.

"Oh shut up Kyle, don't spoil my amazing mood." Adira glared at him.

"Hey where's Tanner this morning?" Nadia asked looking around for sandy brown haired boy.

"No idea, he left before any of us woke up this morning." Fred shrugged.

"What's wrong with him lately?" Nadia asked us. All of our eye's fell to the floor as she asked. Everyone single on of us had figured out Tanner's feeling's towards Nadia, everyone except Nadia. We couldn't tell her!

"We don't know Nads." James saved the day.

"Hopefully he'll open up to one of us soon." She shrugged a little.

"Come on, let's go to breakfast I'm starving." Fred told us.

"Mate you're always starving." James rolled his eyes.

"Let's go." I laughed pulling James' up out of his seat to shut him up.

"You know, there are simpler ways to shut me up." He winked, pointing to his lip's.

"In your dreams."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning class, could you please turn to page 785." Professor Slughorn ordered the class later that day.

James quickly turned to the page number that we needed however my mind was fixed somewhere else. I watched as Tanner shuffled nervously in his seat trying to concentrate on the book but not having much luck. It was hard for him as he had to sit with Nadia in quite a few classes. I didn't understand why he wouldn't just tell her.

"You need to leave him to it Amber, the only way that Nadia can find out is through him." James rested his hand on my arm to get my attention.

"I know, I know, I just feel so bad for him because he looks really uncomfortable around her now and she's beginning to notice. It's hurting her too." I told him with a sigh.