Chapter 18

James Potter

Words couldn't even describe how beautiful she looked. I saw her and I was completely lost for words. She never fails to take my breath away. Our annual New Years Party usually dragged and I usually hated attending, but because my friends had been invited this year I was excited. That was until my family had started dropping really big hints to Amber. Why did they have to be so embarrassing?!

"Hi, Mum, hi Dad." I grimaced, turning to face my parents who had smug smiles on their faces.

"Are you going to introduce us then?" Dad asked, gesturing to everyone stood around me.

"Um sure. Dad, Mum, this is Tanner, Nadia, Cassie and Amber." I introduced them.

"It's lovely to meet you all, I'm Ginny, James' Mum." Mum introduced herself to them all and shook each of their hands as they all told her it was nice to meet her.

"And I'm Harry, James' Dad." Dad introduced himself to them all and shook their hand's after Mum did. At least they hadn't said anything embarrassing yet.

"It was really nice of you to invite us all." Nadia smiled at my parent's. Nadia had always been a very kind person and it didn't surprise me that she was being polite.

"Yes it was, me and my family are very grateful." Amber agreed. This was her very polite side showing. Both Amber and Nadia's parent's were fairly rich and brought their children up to be very polite and proper.

"That's quite alright, we love to meet new people and especially James friends." Mum smiled at Nadia and Amber. 

"Have they met any of the family yet then James?" Dad turned to me, smirking a little as his eyes flickered over to where Amber was stood. Of course they were coming to torture me, why wouldn't they? 

"Yeah, well they already know Fred and Kyle, but they've also met Teddy and Aunt Taylor." I told him, narrowing my eyes at him a little. 

"Speaking of Fred where is he? I haven't seen him since we got here?" Tanner asked me. 

"Oh he's stood near the front of the room with his parent's." Dad replied. 

"Let's go find him." I demanded, quickly dragging Kyle and Tanner after me. I needed to talk to them about my Amber situation that was slowly getting worse thanks to my parents. 

"Woah mate calm down, we can walk by ourselves you know?" Kyle cried, pulling his arm out of my grasp as we made it halfway across the room from where Amber, Nadia and Cassie stood. It looked like Mum and Dad had gone to talk to some other guests. 

"Sorry I just needed to get away from that. It was so awkward!" I cried, running my hand's through my already messy hair. 

"I hate to break this to you James, but I don't think Amber is clueless about your feelings for her anymore." Tanner shrugged with a small smirk. 

"Thanks for stating the absolute obvious Tanner! My family are actually the most embarrassing people ever." I groaned, looking over to where Amber, Cassie and Nadia were all laughing at something. 

"Maybe you just need to speak to her about it." Kyle shrugged. 

"Yeah that's a good idea!" Tanner agreed. 

"James! I'm proud of your choice, she's lovely." Aunt Taylor pushed her towards us. 

"Oh Mum, can't you leave us alone for two minutes." Kyle groaned as she joined us. 

"Actually I was looking for Ginny son of mine, do you know where she is?" Aunt Taylor scowled at Kyle. 

"She went to greet more guests with Dad over there Aunt Taylor." I pointed over to where I could see Mum and Dad's head's talking to Kingsley Shacklebolt the Minister For Magic.