Chapter 32

James Potter

"James!" Mum cried happily as I fell out the fireplace and into the living room of my childhood home.

"Hi Mum." I laughed a little, hugging her as she threw her arm's around me.

Amber, Albus, Lily, Kyle and Lottie were stood to one side of the room whilst Dad, Aunt Taylor and Uncle Mattie stood on the other side.

"I'm glad you all made it through okay." Dad sighed in relief. He had told me that things could get complicated when using floo powder because if you didn't say your destination clearly then you could end up practically anywhere.

"Harry you shouldn't worry so much, they know what they're doing." Aunt Taylor rolled her eyes.

"Taylor they could have ended up anywhere." Mum told her.

"We lost Olly in the floo network once, it was funny." Aunt Taylor laughed a little referring to her oldest son, Olly.

"Taylor, you're actually the cruelest parent ever." Mum shook her head at her friend.

"What even possessed you to marry her Mattie?" Dad asked, chucking a little at Aunt Taylor's offended face.

"Sometimes I don't know." Uncle Mattie rolled his eyes.

"Oh shut up Mattie, come on we've got to get back so that we can meet Olly and Laura." Aunt Taylor ordered, grabbing her husband's hand and pulling him towards the door.

"Olly and Laura? I thought they were in France?" Mum asked, looking at Aunt Taylor in confusion.

"They were, but they're coming home for the weekend so that they can see Kyle and Lottie." Aunt Taylor shrugged. How was she so good at lying?!

"Oh right, we'll see you later then Taylor." Mum smiled, walking into the doorway to see Uncle Mattie, Aunt Taylor, Kyle and Lottie out.

"See you later." Kyle told me and Amber with a smile as he followed his sister through the door.

"See ya." I smiled, moving so that I was stood by Amber's side.

"Bye Kyle." Amber gave him a short wave as he finally left the room.

"Whilst your Mother's out of the room, the plan is that everyone is coming at around seven later on, Aunt Taylor is going to take your Mum out for a bit and then we're going to surprise her when they come home." Dad whispered to us all.

"Dad, you do realise that Mum's going to hate this don't you?" Lily asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I know, but it's nice to surprise her every once in a while, she'll get over it." Dad shrugged.

"What are you all whispering about?" Mum walked back into the room with a raised eyebrow and her hand on her hip.

"Nothing, James and Amber were just telling me something about Kyle and they didn't want him to hear." Dad quickly gave an excuse.

"What about Kyle?" Mum asked, looking at me and Amber questioningly.

"Erm...that he's got a girlfriend!" I cried suddenly.

"Er yes, her names Adira she started at the start of the year." Amber quickly backed me up.

"Oh my goodness! Wait until Taylor hears about this!" Mum squealed excitedly, walking into the Kitchen.

"Right, do you all want to take your stuff upstairs? Amber you're in the spare bedroom if that's okay?" Dad asked her with a smile.

"That's perfect thank you." Amber replied with a polite smile.

"What times dinner Dad?" Al asked as he stood at the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm not sure, we'll call you." Dad shrugged, disappearing into the kitchen.

"I can't believe we've just put Kyle into a fake relationship with Adira." Amber whispered as we climbed up the stairs.

"Oh well, we can tell them the truth later." I shrugged, taking Amber's bag and carrying it with my own.

"James I can do that." Amber rolled her eyes as the two of us climbed the stairs to the third floor where my room and the spare bedroom were.

"I know you can but I'm going to carry it anyway." I gave her a cheeky smile as I led the way upstairs.

"Aren't you such a gentleman." She laughed a little and followed me into the spare bedroom where she would be staying whilst we were here.

"That's me." I laughed a little, placing her bag down on the bed.

"So who's coming over later then?" Amber asked, sitting down on the bed.

"Just about everybody to be honest. Aunt Taylor, Uncle Mattie, Olly, his girlfriend Laura, Kyle, Lottie, Aunt Hermione, Uncle Ron, Rose, Hugo, Grandma and Grandad Weasley, Uncle George, Aunt Angelina, Fred, Roxie, Uncle Bill, Aunt Fleur, Victoire, Dominique, Louis, Uncle Charlie, Uncle Percy, Aunt Audrey, Molly and Lucy, oh and Teddy!" I listed every family member, counting them on my fingers.

"Oh wow, you have to introduce me to these people, I haven't met some of them." Amber trailed off, suddenly looking nervous.

"Hey, they're going to love you, I promise." I smiled, placing my arm around her shoulder and pulling her into my side.

"I hope so." She replied, still sounding unsure.

"They will, trust me." I told her, kissing her temple and then standing up when I heard a tapping sound at the window.

"What's that?" Amber turned around to look at the window.

"It's Hercules, Tanner's Owl." I replied, walking over to the window to let the owl in.

"Why would Tanner be sending us a letter, we left like an hour ago." Amber asked questioningly.

I took the letter from Hercules and sat down beside Amber again, reading the front of it carefully.

"It's addressed to both of us." I told her showing her where 'James Potter and Amber Chamberlin' was written clearly in the front.

"Open it then." Amber urged.

I quickly opened it and read Cassie's unmistakeable handwriting. It read:

Dear James and Amber,

THEY'RE FINALLY TOGETHER YAY!
Myself and Adira eventually got Nadia to go and talk to Tanner and open up about her feelings for him and she did! They had this cute little heart to heart on the astronomy tower and they're finally together! I'm so happy for them, words can't even describe it!
Hang on, Nadia wants to write something.
Hi James, hi Amber,
I hope you've arrived at James' house safely and that none of you are stuck somewhere in the Floo Network. Anyway, Cassie is actually telling the truth, myself and Tanner are together and we'll explain more when you get back.
Wait, Tanner wants to write something.
James, Amber, me and Nadia are a cuter couple than you two, hope you know that! We are real life relationship goals. That is all.

Anyway, have an amazing weekend, we'll miss you two, Kyle and Fred. See you when you get back!

Cassie Harris, Adira Kinsey, Nadia Lovera and Tanner Jordan x

"We actually have the weirdest friends ever James." Amber laughed a little as she read the letter.

"I know. Tanner's definitely wrong if he thinks him and Nadia are cuter than us. They're definitely not." I rolled my eyes and laughed at Tanner's word's.

"You're right, they're definitely not."

*********************************************************************