Chapter 10

James Potter

"Jamessss wakey wakey..." The annoying voice of Tanner Jordan woke me up on the morning of November the tenth.

"Go away Tanner." I groaned, turning over in my bed and throwing my pillow over my head. Ever since Amber had stayed in my bed, her scent had lingered on it since and it was driving me insane. Why couldn't she be mine?

"You need to get up, we have classes today." Tanner replied in the same annoying voice.

"I've decided I'm not going today." I replied, burying my face into my pillow.

"Breathing in Amber's scent isn't going to do anything. You'll actually see her if you get up, we have Potions." Tanner told me and I could just tell that he was rolling his eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lied, sitting up slowly.

"Of course you do, you've been burying your face in that pillow for weeks." Tanner smirked and turned around to get his school books for the day.

"Whatever." I mumbled, standing up and walking into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

"James, I'll meet you in the common room, Kyle and Fred are already down there so I'll meet you there." Tanner shouted through the bathroom door.

"Okay." I simply replied.

I quickly changed, tried to tame my hair and got ready for that day's lessons. Today I was going to talk to Amber about my feelings for her. I couldn't deny it any longer and I just needed to tell her. She'd probably freak out, but as long as she knew.

I walked out of the bathroom, ready to grab my books, when I stopped dead in my tracks to see Kieran leant over his trunk by his bed, rifling through it as if to find something.

"Kieran?" I spoke. Kieran whipped around, his face extremely white as if he had been caught doing something.

"I thought everybody had left for breakfast." Kieran replied.

"You thought wrong." I told him, slowly walking over to my bed to gather my books.

"How is she?" He asked after a little while. I sighed deeply and turned to him.

"Hurt. But she isn't angry at you. You could have killed her Kieran." I told him harshly.

"I know. I was so stupid and I shouldn't have shouted at her like that." He sighed, turning to look at me a little.

"I have no idea why she isn't fuming at you." I spat, very annoyed with him myself.

"I don't either. She should be." He replied with another sigh.

"You need to speak with her Kieran." I told him.

"I'm not doing that." He replied adamantly, shaking his head.

"Why not?" I asked him.

"I kissed her James! It was such a stupid move." He sighed angrily.

"Amber'll understand, you know she will." I replied just as angrily.

"I just can't." With that Kieran had fled quickly out the dorm leaving me speechless. Damn he moved quickly.

I rolled my eyes and picked my books up off of the floor, walking down into the common room where everybody was sat waiting for me.

"Did you just see-?" I was about to ask Tanner before he cut me off abruptly.

"Kieran? Yeah. Ambers gone after him." Tanner replied.