Chapter 34

James Potter

As we all took in Mum's happy smile, it would be an understatement to say that we were relieved. She never usually liked surprises so at least she was happy with his surprise.

"Happy Birthday Mum." Lily wrapped her arm's around her and smiled.

That was when it happened.

One second we were all happy and the next it was frantic. The lights cut out and I high pitched scream filled the room. I sat, frozen. What was happening? We hardly ever had power cuts. I came to my senses and felt around for Amber, finally finding her trembling body and pulling her towards me.

"James?" Her quiet voice whispered in terror.

"It's okay, I'm here." I told her, wrapping my arm's around her.

"What's going on?" She asked me.

"I don't know." I told her honestly.

"Why is no one speaking?" She whimpered.

"They're just being wary Amber." I told her. What was going on?

I squinted my eyes in the darkness, looking for signs of any figure. We were all sat in the sitting room so they must all still be there. I reached for my wand, slowly moving.

"James what are you doing?!" Amber whispered.

"I was just going to-"

"No you can't, if you light it it could be dangerous. Just stay still." She told me. I sighed. Of course she was right, if I used my wand light I could put us all in danger.

"Okay, but I need you to hold on to me tightly, we're going to see if we can find anyone else." I whispered, slowly standing.

"Okay." She replied after a slight moment of hesitation.

As she stood up, I took her by the waist and we both slowly moved forward, feeling around to see if we could find anyone. We moved over to where Lily, Lottie, Roxie and Kyle had previously been sat. My hand suddenly came into contact with what felt like hair. I stopped and kept my hand in place.

"It's James and Amber, who is that?" I quietly whispered.

"James? It's me and Lottie." Lily's whimpering voice replied.

"Oh thank god." Amber let a slight sigh of relief.

"Are you okay?" I slowly crouched down, pulling Amber down with me.

"Yeah we're okay." Lottie replied.

"Me and Roxie are here too." Kyle's voice spoke.

"Are you both okay?" Amber asked with a concerned tone to her voice.

"Yeah we're fine. What's going on?" Kyle replied.

"Yeah, why is it so quiet?" Roxie's voice asked quietly.

"I don't know, maybe they're all just being cautious." I told them slowly sitting down and pulling Amber into my side.

Suddenly the lights flickered back on, causing us all to blink rapidly due to the sudden brightness. I stayed down on the floor and looked around to see that everybody who had been there previously was still there. What was going on?!

"Is everyone okay?" Dad asked from the doorway, looking around at us all in concern.

"What the heck was that?!" Aunt Taylor cried, looking at Dad in bewilderment.

"Your guess is as good as mine Taylor." Dad sighed.

"What was that....screaming?" Grandma Molly sat frozen in her seat.

"I don't know but is everyone here and is everyone safe?" Dad asked, his eyes flickering to everyone in the room.

"Everyone's here Harry." Mum told him, taking his arm.

"Well good. Arthur, Molly, would you stay here with the kids whilst we check the perimeter of the house?" Dad turned to my Grandparents.

"Of course Harry, be safe." Dad nodded once before leaving the room with the adults following behind.

Albus, Fred, Victoire, Teddy, Lucy, Molly, Dominique, Louis, Rose and Hugo moved over to us all as we sat watching out of the window. We'd never had something like this happen at our family house. Why did these things keep happening? First the attack on Amber at the mansion and then this. Something about these events didn't feel right to me.

"At least everyone's okay." Amber looked scared but also relieved. After what happened to her on New Years Eve she'd been a little jumpy but who wouldn't be if you were attacked?

"Yeah." I nodded slowly.

"Teddy, what's going on?" Lucy pulled on Teddy's sleeve as she looked around the room in worry.

"Mummy and Daddy and your Aunts and Uncles have just gone to have a look around outside Lu, don't worry everything's okay." Teddy told her with a smile, placing her in his lap.

"It's so dark out there...." Lottie sighed, trailing off as looked out of the window.

"They'll be fine Lott, I'm pretty sure they'll have gone in pairs." Olly and Laura made their way over to sit beside Kyle and Lottie.

"Yeah they're not stupid." Kyle shrugged.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Amber whispered in my ear, her voice full of terror.

"Yeah." I sighed. I turned to look at her and sighed. She looked so scared and I hated seeing her that way. I quickly wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her to me as she buried her face in my shoulder.

She has every right to be worried. I thought the exact same thing as her and I knew that everyone else was thinking it too. I just wished that it wasn't true. Tonight had something to do with the attack on Amber last year and I know that this wasn't good.

Whoever was doing this was doing this for a reason and if it wasn't Kieran, who was it?

********************************************************
Woo! An update!

Sorry it's taken me so long I've been very busy with college work and work so I've not really had time to do any writing:/

I hope you enjoyed this and thank you for reading!

Natalie:)