Chapter 22

James Potter

"Welcome back, how is Miss Chamberlin?" Professor McGonagall asked after we had stepped out of the fireplace in her office. We had used the Floo Network to travel to and from St Mungos Hospital to see Amber.

"She's doing okay thank you Professor, she's hoping to come back to Hogwarts soon." I told her.

"Excellent, did she get the work that she's missed?" Professor McGonagall smiled a little. I swore I had never seen that woman smile before.

"Yes Professor, I made sure of that." Nadia told her.

"Ah thank you Miss Lovera, I didn't exactly expect Mr Jordan to give Miss Chamberlin her work." Professor McGonagall looked amused by what she had just said.

"Oh! Thank you for your faith in me Professor!" Tanner cried, rolling his eyes.

"You'd all better head down to the Great Hall, dinner is nearly over. I shall give you updates on Miss Chamberlin from Mr Potter, he's keeping me updated on her case." Professor McGonagall told us.

"Thank you Professor." Nadia smiled thankfully at her.

Professor McGonagall nodded her head once and then the six of us left her office and made our way to the Great Hall. It was good that Professor McGonagall was allowing all of us to see Amber at the weekends because we were still insanely worried about her, even though we knew that she was okay.

We all sat down at the Gryffindor Table in the Great Hall, it was nearly empty because of what time it was. It was later in the evening because we came back from St Mungos fairly late.

"Oh my gosh, i'm so hungry." Cassie groaned as we grabbed the remaining food from the middle of the table.

"So am I. Who knew that travelling by floo powder would make us hungry." Tanner agreed, tucking into his food.

"I'm not that hungry to be honest." I shrugged, eating a little food.

Minutes later Albus, Lily, Hugo and Rose joined us, sitting down. Lily raised her eyebrow as Tanner shovelled food down his throat quickly. He was definitely going to end up giving himself indigestion.

"How's Amber?" Lily asked with a smile.

"She says she's feeling loads better." I told her, picking at my food.

"Do you know if she's coming back soon then?" Rose asked. Out of all of our cousins, we had always been closest with Rose and Hugo because their parent's were Aunt Hermione and Uncle Ron and they were Dad's best friend's so we were always closest with them.

"She hopes so, she's hating it in there." I replied.

"I can imagine, well I'm glad she's okay." Rose told me with a polite smile.

"Thanks Rosie." I smiled.

"James, we're heading up to the common room, are you coming?" Nadia tapped my shoulder. I turned around and sure enough, everyone had finished eating and were stood up ready to go.

"Sure, see you later guys." I told them all. They all nodded as I left, following behind Nadia and Cassie.

We made it up to the Gryffindor Common Room where most students were sat either doing homework, chatting or messing around with their friends. It was too early for people to be upstairs in their dormitories so the common room was packed like it usually was at that time of the day. 

"It's so strange without Amber here, I never thought i'd ever say that." Tanner sighed as we all took seats in an empty corner in the room. 

"I never thought i'd hear you say that Tanner." Nadia laughed in response.