Chapter 8

James Potter

No words could even describe the way that Amber looked. Even though she was meant to look quite horrific because it was Halloween, she still looked gorgeous and it took all my willpower not to tell her so.

Aidan Douglas' party turned out to be pretty good, even though it was him throwing it. He had always gotten on my nerves, so it was a surprise when he invited me. However, looking at the packed Ravenclaw Common Room, it looked like the whole school had been invited. Tanner had told me that everyone aged fourth year and upwards had been invited. If my little sister Lily had been here, I'd have sent her straight back to the common room. My brother Albus was here though, which surprised me. He, along with our cousin Rose Weasley and their friends had never been the party type. But it looked like he had his eyes on a certain Eleanor Carlisle who was fairly popular in his year. He had probably came to spy on her.

"Mate, stop staring at Amber and go and talk to her." Tanner appeared from somewhere behind me and rested his hand on my shoulder whilst we both watch Amber laugh and talk with Nadia and Cassie.

"I feel stupid Tanner, besides, she's too worried about Kieran." I shrugged with a sigh.

"And she needs cheering up, if anyone can cheer her up its you." Tanner encouraged me.

"I suppose you're right." I said with a small smile. I turned back around to face Amber, ready to head over there when I saw Aidan Douglas walk up to the three girls, smirking.

"Oh great." I groaned.

"Go and protect your girl mate, you know that she doesn't like him." Tanner grinned.

"Fine." I replied, walking over to Nadia, Cassie and Amber.

"Oh hi James." Nadia smiled at me, almost in relief, as I finally reached them.

"Potter." Aidan nodded his head once at me looking a little annoyed.

"Douglas." I nodded back, gritting my teeth.

"I was just about to ask Chamberlin to dance with me." He smirked, knowing that I liked Amber.

"That's strange, I was about to ask her the same thing." I replied, smirking back at him.

"Oh! Let James dance with Amber, I'll dance with you Aidan." Cassie grinned at him, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the crowd of dancing people.

"Thanks James." Amber sighed.

"I was being serious Miss Chamberlin, dance with me." I grinned at her, a newfound confidence powering through me.

"I don't dance James." Amber laughed and I swore she blushed a little.

"Everyone dances Amber. Come on." I took her hand and dragged her through the crowd of students.

"What about Nadia?" Amber asked, laughing a little as she looked back to where Nadia was stood.

"Tanner will talk or dance with her." I replied.

"Do you have answers for everything?" She laughed as she took both of my hands and stopped.

"Of course." I replied with a laugh. Suddenly a slow song came on, which was utterly cliche but very good for me. I quickly pulled her closer to me before she could protest and began to sway us from side to side.

"Well who'd have thought that James Potter the notorious troublemaker could dance?" Amber grinned, talking quietly in my ear.

"There are many things you don't know about me Chamberlin." I told her.