Chapter 30

Amber Chamberlin

"What time do you leave Amber?" Adira asked me on the morning of James' Mum's surprise party.

"Around four I think, James' Mum just thinks we're all going over for an afternoon with her to celebrate her birthday." I told her whilst packing my essentials in a small bag.

"What are you even wearing, you never told us?" Cassie asked from her bed where she was sat filing her nails.

"It's hanging on my wardrobe Cass." I rolled my eyes, pointing to my royal blue button up dress.

"Ooh I love that! Not too over the top but classy." Cassie grinned, standing up and walking over to my dress to inspect it.

"Thanks." I smiled, glad to hear Cassie complimenting my dress sense for once.

"Are you nervous?" Adira asked.

"No, why should I be?" I asked her confusedly, turning around to face her.

"Have you met his family before?" She asked.

"Met them? She stayed with them for like half of the summer holidays! James' family love her." Cassie replied.

"Oh right! Sorry I didn't know!" Adira cried jokingly, putting her hand's up in mock innocence.

"Whatever, where's Nadia this morning?" I asked, looking between the two girls.

"I think she went for a walk with Tanner, he better be telling her about his feelings." Cassie sighed.

"Cass, are you sure you're okay with the whole Tanner liking Nadia thing?" I asked with a sigh, setting down my things and sitting down next to her on her bed.

"Amber I'm never going to be fine with it but I have to be. Tanner is totally in love with Nadia and I can't blame him for that." She sighed, setting her eyes down to the floor.

"Does he know how you feel?" Adira asked, sitting on her other side.

"Yeah I told him." Cassie sighed.

"This is why he isn't telling Nadia." Adira suddenly said.

"What?" I asked, looking questioningly at her.

"Tanner isn't telling Nadia how he feels about her because of Cassie's feeling's towards him. He feels guilty." Adira said with a quick nod of her head.

"But I've told him not too! Damn I wish he'd stop overthinking this." Cassie sighed, rolling her eyes.

"If he told Nadia how he felt about her then maybe-" But I was suddenly cut off as the door opened revealing Nadia's incredibly shocked face.

"Nads...." Cassie took in her look of shock.

"Tanner likes me?" She asked, slowly walking into the room and sitting down on her bed.

"You didn't notice?" I asked her, as the three of moved over to her bed.

"No, I mean I knew that something was wrong with him but not that. It was because of me." Nadia said more to herself than anyone else.

"Nads, how much did you hear?" Cassie asked.

"Enough." Nadia replied, running her hand's through her hair.

"Nadia I-" Cassie looked guilty.

"I thought he liked you Cass, I really did. After all this time of feeling this way towards him I find out he returns my feelings." Nadia gasped.

"What?! You liked him all along?!" Cassie jumped up, looking down at Nadia like she'd just hit her.

"Cassie, I thought he liked you so I didn't advance on my feelings. I didn't want to upset you." Nadia sighed.