Epilogue

Amber Potter

Being at peace is amazing. When life finally settles down and things fall into place it is the best feeling in the world. You fall into a pattern and it only ever occurs to you how great life is on days when you can celebrate it. Like today. 

The day of Lily's wedding was one that the whole family had been anticipating and it had finally arrived. They had picked a beautiful august day to get married and there was an excited buzz in the air. No one could've predicted that Lily Potter would marry a Malfoy but it was happening and surprisingly her family had finally come to terms with her love for Scorpius. 

"Amber, what if I trip down the aisle?" Lily turns to me, looking absolutely terrified. 

"Lily please tell me you are not serious;" I laughed "You are not going to trip down the aisle." 

"But my dress is so long." She sighed. 

"Lily it's a wedding dress it's going to be long." I rolled my eyes. 

"Where in Merlin's name is Lottie?!" Lily cried, pacing back and forth in front of the mirror. 

"Lily! Now you're getting hysterical. Lottie is in the building she's gone to fetch your bouquet." I placed my hand's on her shoulder's to still her. 

"You're right i'm being silly. This day is going to be perfect. Is it normal to feel anxious about becoming a member of another family?" She looked at me with worry. 

"Very normal. Imagine how I felt marrying into the Potter family. Think of how your Mum felt marrying Harry Potter!" I cried. 

"You're right. I can't believe I won't be a Potter anymore. I feel like i'm letting Grandma down." She sighed. 

"Lily, I promise that you are not letting your Grandma down. You may be becoming Lily Malfoy but deep down you'll always be Lily Potter and your Grandmother lives inside you. She's proud of you; I just know she is." I smiled, hugging her tightly. 

"God i'm so glad James married you. You're the sister I never had. I know there's Eleanor but I'm definitely closer to you." Lily smiled. 

"You're my second sister Lily. Don't worry." I beamed. I had been close to Lily ever since I started dating James Potter and I couldn't be more thankful to have a sister-in-law like Lily. 

"LILY! Let's get you married!!!" Lottie Scamander nee Windsor wondered in with a box of flowers and a waitress following behind her with glasses of champagne. 

"Jesus Lottie you scared me to death." Lily holds a hand to her chest. 

"Sorry. Where are the rest of your bridesmaids?" Lottie asks, looking around the room. 

"Oh with Aunt Audrey and Aunt Angelina, they're helping them all get ready." Lily smiled. Lily had chosen the younger members of her family and Caitlen, Lottie's niece to be her bridesmaids. 

"It's nearly time." Lottie grinned excitedly. 

"Don't remind me." Lily looked like she was about to throw up.

"Where are your parents?" Lottie asked. 

"Who knows." Lily rolls her eyes. 

As if one cue, Ginny and Harry walk in and take in Lily with a gasp and a smile. 

"Oh Lily." Ginny sighs, walking to her daughter and hugging her.

"Don't get tearful Mum!" Lily cried. 

"I can't help it! You're my last child to get married and I cried at both James and Albus' wedding's." Ginny shrugged. 

"I'll leave you all to it anyway. I'm a bit worried that James has lost our children." I smile.