Chapter 9

-

-

After countless minutes of knocking with no avail Cecilia finally gave up and made her way back downstairs to the kitchen.

"So who popped the question you or Luisa?" Isabella asked as she worked on a lavender soap for Cecilia.
"It was more of a statement." She awkwardly shrugged, "Got it. So then who confessed first?" Camilo asked as he sat across from the girl.

"Luisa."

"You owe me." Camilo said as Isabella groaned in defeat, "I get half your dinner!" He said with a sinister laugh.

"You guys made bets?!" The two nodded slowly before Abuela entered the kitchen.

"Would you two stop messing with our guest! I'm sorry Cecilia." She said as she sat down at her end of the table. "Señora Alma, its okay." She reassured her, "Cecilia, just call me Abuela."

Cecilia's eyes sparkled, "Sí Abuela."

-

After a couple hours of talking with Abuela and putting up with Camilo and Isabella's teasing the two pulled out a baby album full of Luisa.

"This is when I first held Luisa. She ended up crying." Isabella said with a chuckle.

Cecilia flipped through the pages and landed on a photo of Luisa after her gift ceremony. Her eyes had purple bag's under them and she had an awkward smile plastered on her face.

Camilo noticed Cecilia's face change with a look of concern and dread. "I think that's enough." He said as he shut it closed and ran off with it.

"Cami' I wasn't done showing Ceci!" She chased after her cousin as Cecilia's thoughts wandered.

"Ceci?"

"Hello Ceci?!"

"¿Mi Conejita?"

Cecilia was soon snapped back to reality as Luisa's placed the back of her hand on her forehead. "Are you feeling okay? Marco was trying to get your attention for about five minutes now."

"Yeah. I just have some things on my mind,"

"Right. Anyways it's getting late, we have to go home to Crystal and Lapis." Marco said as his sister quickly stood up, "Right! We should get going." 

Luisa towered over Cecilia, "I'll see you tomorrow mi cariño." Cecilia said, whispering the last part under her breath for Luisa to be the only one (besides Dolores) to hear.

She wrapped her arms around Luisa who hugged back with force but not too much force to make sure she doesn't hurt Cecilia.

"Okay lovebirds, that's enough! Ceci come on!" Marco yelled with a sarcastic tone, "Sweet dreams Ceci." Luisa said as she let go of her.
-
  The Yanez siblings said goodbye to the Madrigals before quickly making their way home.

"I told Luisa all about you." Marco teased as Cecilia's face turned red.

"Marco' Please tell me you didn't tell her about that." A smirk grew on his face as he ran off to his nearby house. "That's too far! Oh goodness, this is embarrassing." She walked into her house and plopped onto her bed.

Her mind was crowded with thoughts of Luisa, she wanted to know more about her past. She wanted to get to know her in the moment and continue to know everything about her in the future.

-

The sun soon rose as a knock was heard from the front door.
Marco was still asleep so Cecilia, who hasn't slept a wink, opened the door.

"Mail for Cecilia Yanez?"
The mailman held an envelope that was sealed with the Yanez crest. "That's me." She smiled as she grabbed the envelope from his hands.

"Have a good day!" The mailman waved goodbye as Cecilia shut her door.

She made her way to the living room, her eyes welting up with tears.
"Who.. how... " She stammered as she investigated the paper before carefully opening it.

-
Dear Cecilia,

   I know you probably don't remember me and I never met Marco. I would love to meet you in person, I'm coming from Honduras so hopefully this letter reached you before then.

- Araceli.

-

Araceli?
Cecilia thought carefully trying to remember her family tree. "Why can't I remember her.."

She grunted in frustration as she heard a knock on her front door as she slowly opened it. "Hello," A feminine voice said with a turquoise poncho with the hood covering her face.

"Who are you?" Marco said as he stood behind his sister rubbing his tired eyes. "I'm your cousin," She said removing her hood to reveal a darker skinned female with white curly locks and white bright eyes. "I see you have received my letter."

Marco raised an eyebrow at her statement as Cecilia handed him the envelope. "If you're our cousin, why haven't we heard about you before? Also how did you get here so fast?!"

"I was shunned by our family when you were really young. I never was allowed the chance to meet Cecilia." She sighed, "I also got here quicker because the wind helped out."

Araceli laughed as she levitated above the ground.

"So you have a gift?"

"Of course, here is my pearl if you still don't believe me." Araceli moved her curly locks to reveal a single light blue pearl on the middle of her neck with a string tied around it. "I made it myself." She fidgeted with it, "Come on in Araceli."

Cecilia gave her cousin a house tour before she excused herself to use the bathroom. "Psst." Marco whispered, "Do you really trust her? I mean Ma and Pa would've told us if we had another cousin."

Marco stared in his sisters eyes with concern, "I'm sure there is a logical reason we never heard about her."

"Fine. I still don't trust her."

Cecilia sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

I hope I'm making the right decision.

-