Chapter 15 | Extra |

-

-

There was a sense of sadness lingering after the events of today but was soon gone.
The next day had quickly arrived as the Casita's halls bustled as all the Madrigals prepared for a celebration.

-

"Are you sure you're okay?" Isabella asked Cecilia as she trimmed her long hair. "It wasn't an ideal way to depart with her but I think she is happy where she is."

Isabella simply nodded, "How short do you want to go?"
"Hmm.. surprise me?"

Dolores and Mirabel walked into Isa's room as their eyes widened at the sight of Cecilia's long straight hair now inches above her shoulders.
  "I love the new look, oh I came to drop off your gift," Mirabel said as she handed a box to Cecilia who then opened it to reveal a two-piece outfit with a dark purple leather skirt and a purple off-shoulder top.

"It's simple, I love it!" She quickly stood up and hugged Mirabel before noticing the weight lifted off her head. "Too much?" Dolores questioned as she pointed down to the large pile of hair near Isabella's seat.

"I have actually always wanted shorter hair." She smiled as she quickly changed and brushed out her now wavy short hair.

She turned around in front of the girls, "Absolutely. Stunning." Luisa entered her sister's room with a small box tied with a red ribbon.                                                                                                  A light pink blush grew on Cecilia's cheeks as she ran and enveloped her partner in a kiss. "Get a room." Mirable teased as Luisa handed her girlfriend the gift. "Happy birthday Conejita."

Cecilia untied the ribbon to reveal a golden bracelet with a heart-shaped piece of jade. She looked closer to see the letter "C" etched into it. "Is it for Cecilia or Conejita?" She laughed as Luisa patted her head, "Actually-"

She was soon interupted as Camilo slammed the door open. "Everyone is waiting downstairs, let's go." He grabbed Mirabel, Dolores and Isabella leaving the two lovers alone.

Luisa looked down as Cecilia placed the bracelet on her wrist, "You positive you okay?" She questioned as she saw Cecilia's cowlick stand up.
"I really don't know if I'll ever be okay, but right now I just want this moment to stay with me forever."

Luisa smiled and nodded as she offered her hand to Cecilia, "Shall we?"
The two exited Isabella's room as they were greeted by cheering and exotic flowers spraying different colors in the air. A banner was lifted in the sky that read out, Feliz Cumpleaños, Cecilia.

Crystals appeared above the crowd as Cecilia shouted, "Thank you all for making this day amazing!", the said crystal's then began to fall down into the crowd of people.

"Music!" Abuela shouted as Agustin and Dolores began to play piano and sing to entertain the crowd.
"Your hair?" Marco walked up behind his sister with a gift in tow, "You don't like it?" She tucked a piece behind her ear, "No! No, it suit's you really well, I'm just surprised you cut it so short."

She laughed as a box was placed in her hand, "Ma said when you're eighteen to give this to you."

Cecilia opened the box to reveal a locket that held a photo of the entire Yanez family, including Araceli.

"I found it under some debris before we left, I thought you should have it."
Tears threatened to fall down her face as she hugged Marco tightly, "I love you too but please don't get your makeup on my clothes." He chuckled, "Yeah, okay, anyways thank you Marco." He simply nodded and ran and hung out with Camilo.

The entire night consisted of delicious meals made by Julieta, opening gifts and hours, and hours of dancing.

"Psst, come on," Luisa whispered gaining the attention of the birthday girl who quickly followed her as soon she as saw an opportunity.

The two let out small laughs as they made their way to the pleasant chill of the lake.
"My feet are killing me." Cecilia groaned as she removed her flats and soaking her feet in the water.

"Are you having a good time?" Luisa asked sitting next to her, "Yeah, I just don't want this day to end."

"Who said it had to end?"

Luisa quickly carried Cecilia back to her house as they entered her room and locked the door.

The two had an amazing night that is deeply written into their memories that they'll never forget.
-

-

thank you for the overwhelming support! today is my birthday so woo woo 🕺🏻 here is a before and after of Cecilia. ❤️

-

Before

Before

-

After

After