Chapter 13

-"Ceci

-
"Ceci.. can you see us?" A familiar voice echoed through a dark hall.

"Ma.. can she hear us?" Cecilia opened her eyes to reveal her passed relatives standing in front of her.

"Mama?"
"We don't have a-lot of time. Something is wrong with your cousin, please be careful." Liana warned her daughter with the rest of the Yanez family behind her nodding as they agreed with her statement.
"You will wake up soon, but we are always with you Cecilia." Abuela Mariana blew a kiss to her granddaughter as she was soon awoken by a cheeky chameleon.

"Ceci! Wake up or I'm eating your dinner!" Camilo shouted causing his friend's eyelids to fly open. "How long have I been out for?" The duo turned their heads to look at a clock, "Five hours."

She quickly stood up and rushed to Isabella's door to exit leaving Camilo behind as she frantically looked for everyone.

"Cecilia... is everything okay?" Pepa questiouned the girl who was mumbling under her breath. "Have you seen Marco?" Pepa nodded, "He is actually helping Mirabel finish up her chores if you want to go find them. I think they were going to the church."

"¡Gracias!" She shouted before sprinting to the heart of the Encanto exiting Casita.

Cecilia caught her breath as she approached the church to see Marco, Mirabel and... Araceli?

"Oh- Ceci... I know we haven't been able to see eye to eye but I hope you could forgive me."
An awkward tension sat in the air as Marco encouraged his sister to forgive his cousin. "Give her one more chance Ceci.. We were just talking and we figured everything out."

She glared at her little brother before turning back to her cousin. "I can't forgive you." She felt a hand land on her shoulder, "Not yet at-least."

Araceli had a hurt expression as Cecilia leaned into the touch of the person behind her.
"Hi Luisa, did you finish the house?" She questioned, not even having to look at her to know who it was. "Yeah, I finished it while you were asleep, how was your sleep princess?"

Cecilia turned around and gestured for Luisa to lower to her girlfriends level so she could whisper in her ear. "I need to tell you something later." Luisa nodded with a smile.

"Children! It's time for dinner!" Abuela Alma shouted as the four made their way back to Casita.
Luisa and Cecilia walked hand in hand as they heard Mirabel, Marco and Araceli gossiping behind the two.

"Don't worry about them, at least Marco seems happy." Luisa affectionately rubbed her thumb over Cecilia's knuckles.

A pout grew on her face as they finally reached Casita. "Do you need someone to help cheer you up?" Camilo pestered Cecilia, "Just a lot on my mind right now." She whispered as she took her seat next to Luisa.

Everyone chatted as Cecilia quietly and quickly ate her food with a poem her mother had read to her when she was little flashed into her thoughts.
-
Outside lives a girl with a smile that will brighten up the room yet,
inside hides a girl with a frown full of sadness & anger.
outside lives a girl with eyes of joy that brings you to ease yet,
inside hides a girl shedding tears of sadness & regret.
outside lives a girl with an uplifting laugh yet,
inside hides a girl screaming her lungs out in unwanted anger & stress.
outside lives a girl with the personility everyone doesnt get.
yet,
inside hides a weak girl who lives in fear.
outside lives a girl who is fearless. yet
inside hides a weak girl who lives in fear.
outside lives a girl full of life yet
inside lives a girl full of pain, her body is numb
outside lives a girl with a positive attitude yet
inside hides a girl with regrets & mistakes.
outside lives a girl of innocence yet
inside hides a girl with tons of guilt
outside lives a girl with goals and dreams yet
insides lives a girl thats lost and confused
what you see on the outside is my own personal disguise,

what hides underneath you can't even start to imagine.
-
The poem continued to echo as she felt herself space out.

"Ceci...Ceci?" Julieta tapped the girls shoulder with no avail to break her out of her daze.

Everyone's focus turned to the girl, "Cecilia... is everything okay?"

A large smile plastered onto her face, "Yeah, I'm alright just thinking about how blessed I am to be with people who care about me." She than began to finish her meal before chugging water.

"We are happy you feel that way dear." Abuela said as her family bopped their heads in agreement.
"I'm full, Luisa?" Cecilia questioned as she noticed her girlfriends hand had been intertwined with hers. "Let's talk in my room." She whispered with a concerned look. "Okay."

The two made their way upstairs as everyone continued chatting.
Casita's tiles waved confusedly. Luisa opened the door and held it for her girlfriend.

"So what's going on? What was all.. that?" She said referring to the scene at dinner. "I'm scared." Cecilia confessed, "Of what?"

"Myself."

Luisa looked at her concerned, "Ceci.."

"Also. You know the thing I wanted to tell you about?" Luisa nodded, "My family visited me in my dream, they said not to trust Araceli."

Luisa pulled her into a tight hug, "Hey... I know everything you're going through is a-lot but you just need to take it one day at a time."

"I know. " She said as she let herself melt into the snug hug. "Anyways what was that at dinner?"

"It's how I usually acted back home."

"Please don't do that. It isn't you." Luisa locked eyes with the smaller girl who had tears running down her face.

Luisa was the only one who Cecilia ever truly showed her true self to.

She cried a river of tears, gasping for air before Luisa squeezed her tightly as she placed kisses on the top of her head.
"I'm here.. let it all out conejita."

Cecilia looked up as she was sent a reassuring smile before letting out a small chuckle through her tears, "I'm sorry, I probably look crazy."

Her cowlick was sticking up in which she was trying to smooth it down, her eyes were glossy as her eyelashes clumped together from her salty tears. She began to fidget with a strand of her hair twisting it with her index finger.

"Its okay to look crazy because I love all of you. I love you Cecilia." Luisa said as her ears became an adorable scarlet color.
Cecilia's mouth was left agape, "Te amo mucho mas." she whispered, "What was that I couldn't hear you?" Luisa lowered herself to be able to hear her more, "I love-" Cecilia shouted but was interrupted by Luisa engulfing her in a kiss. It was gentle yet passionate.

"I know."
-

"-