Chapter 20

My head is killing me. And why is it dark?

Oh, my eyes are closed.

I blinked, trying to adjust to the dim lighting. I groaned, and tried to reach down to rub my head, but I couldn't move my hands. They were bound in duct tape around a metal pole above my head, leaving my feet a couple inches off the ground. I pulled as hard as I could to no avail.

I heard moaning to my right, and whipped my head to see Wesley, who still looked to be out. He was also hanging my his wrists about a yard away.

"Wesley!" I hissed, trying to wake him up. I swung myself on the metal pole so I could kick him lightly.

"Wha-" he opened his eyes and frantically looked around. "Where are we?" He looked a lot worse off than I did, and his ankled was swollen, probably broken.

"I think we're in some kind or warehouse...or factory," I took in our surroundings. There were large shipping containers everywhere, making it seem like a maze. "Are you hurt? Your ankle looks pretty bad."

Wesley grimaced. "I'm trying to move my foot but I can't. I'm really sore, but other than that I'm fine."

I nodded. "It's most likely broken. Any luck with the duct tape?"

"Nope. You?"

I pulled against the pole again, feeling my body swing as I did so. "Nope."

"It looks like my little pets are awake," Alex stalked in, a menacing smile on his face.

"Let us go!" Wesley yelled, thrashing against his restraints.

"Shut up," I hissed at him. We didn't know how unhinged this guy was and I didn't want to aggravate him more to find out.

Alex brought out my throwing knife and it was then that I realized not only did he have blood on his shirt from where I stabbed him, but he also seemed to have forgotten to unstrap the gun from my leg.

Again. What an idiot. If only I could get my hands free so I could actually use it.

"You know," Alex walked towards Wesley, dragging his knife along his face but not applying any pressure. "I was going to just take him. After all he's the only one of any use to us. But after you killed my girl I figured I should get a little revenge. An eye for an eye if you will. Luckily for me Mateo is getting our heads to pick up the prize," he continued to trail the knife down Wesley's neck as he whimpered.

"You put up quite a fight," he turned to me, starting to trail the knife down my face now. "We thought it would be an easy kidnapping. But you just kept stabbing," Alex turned away from me, shaking with rage. "And now you're going to pay for that. It's what Violet would want."

Alex threw a punch at my stomach, knocking the wind out of me. I started coughing, as he landed another blow to my face. He took the knife, carving a small line on my forehead, letting my blood drip down my face. I swung myself back launching my legs forward to kick him back.

"You bitch," he hissed, kicking my side. I heard a loud crack, most likely my rib. I pushed past the pain to keep myself alert and focused. The adrenaline was kicking in and was making it easier to manage.

"Look who I found!" I heard Mateo's voice from behind one of the storage containers. "The boss' are going to be a bit but I found us another toy," he and one other guy dragged in Toby who was trying to get out of their grasp. "Found him lurking outside."

"No," I let out under my breath. Toby sent me an apologetic look as the super soldiers tape his wrists around a pole across from us. Mateo left to go back to his post and Alex walked back over to me.