one and only

"mommy wake up..." i woke up to the sound of Vanessa's voice trying to make its way into my sleepy mind "moooommyyy..." she said again placing little kisses on my cheek.
"i'm awake, i'm awake... what is it?" i said almost freaking out because she never did that.
"i'm bored... i want to do something and mummy is on the phone for work" she sighed.
"on a saturday? that's lame huh?"
"you work on sundays too so i guess that's okay but i'm still bored" she said.
"okay i get it you're bored, fine, get in here" i said lifting the bed covers for her.
"what are we going to do in here" she said getting in bed with me.
"in here, nothing, but i need a little cuddles if you really want me to get up because i'm so comfortable in here" i said.
"ooh..." she said as she hugged my waist and adjusted her head on my chest until she was comfortable.
"did you sleep well mommy?" she asked.
"yeah sure, how'd you sleep?"
"i had a little trouble falling asleep but after that it was okay"
"why did you have trouble falling asleep weren't you tired?"
"yeah i was a little bit tired but it wasn't my room and everything was different so i had a little trouble for that..." she admitted.
"you know you can come to us if you have trouble sleeping i would've stayed with you and helped you fall asleep" i said.
"i know but you were tired and i wanted you to sleep well mommy" she said.
"nevermind that, i sleep better if i know you're okay, next time call me or mum okay?" i asked.
"okay are we going to get up now?" she asked again.
I chuckled "okay fine i'm getting up, i will need three coffees at least but yeah let's do this" i said to convince myself to get up.
"mom got coffee for you but i think she only got one..." she said in a frown "but she got doughnuts" she added as if the doughnuts were going to make up for the lack of caffeine.
"it's fine, let's see" i said wrapping the nightie around my body.
"ah yes, the coffee..." i sighed and gulped as the unpleasant taste of cold american coffee invaded my mouth. "ew, this is absolutely disgusting, oh my god"
"yeah mum said you'd say that" Vanessa said.
"oh did she..." i asked "well i need the caffeine anyway so i don't have a choice here"
"why?" she asked and i thought i would've liked being a little more awake before i had to deal with the why phase.
"well because i'm tired and i need it so it will help me wake up and be all ready to do something fun with you" i said hoping the promise i was going to do something with her afterwards was going to be enough.
"yeah but why has it got to be coffee... mummy doesn't drink it and she's fine"
"yeah and for the life of me i cannot understand how she manages to do that but i need the caffeine to wake up" i said "do you know what caffeine is?" i asked and she shook her head.
"do you want to know?" i asked because there was no point in wasting energy if she wasn't going to listen.
"well... caffeine is a little component of coffee that has some effects on the brain and the most useful thing it does is it blocks the action of another substance that causes drowsiness and it's called adenosine" i said trying to explain it as simple as i could possibly make it.
"why is adenosine making you feel like that?"
"it's not just me honey that's why a lot of people drink coffee in the morning"
"but is it like a disease?" she asked all concerned "to have adenosine"
"no no of course not baby, it's just normal to feel tired and need a little help to get the day started in the morning" i tried to explain because i would not have imagined that conversation was going to take a turn on diseases.
"so it's normal, you're okay then?"
"yes baby i'm great, now what do you want to do after we get dressed and ready for the day?"
"i don't know i want to do something with you and mummy too"
"mmh i see... you go get ready and i'm going to see if i can make mummy hang up alright?" i said and she had already set off to go get dressed.
"mummy..." i whispered getting closer to sarah who was on the couch so that who was on the other side of the phone wouldn't hear me.
She wasn't paying me much attention so i understood she was particularly interested in that conversation but nevertheless i was there to make her hang up or reschedule so that was what i was going to do.
I gently moved her hair to one side and started kissing her neck which was welcomed with a little stiffness as she was not expecting me to do that that close to her phone. As she moved the phone to the other side I moved my kissing operation to the same side.
She chuckled lightly as i tickled her and disguised it skillfully as if she was amused by whatever the other person had said.
It's okay i'm always up for a challenge, love.
I reluctantly removed my lips from her soft skin just to get opposite to her. She was sitting very composed with her legs crossed even though her hair was kinda messy and she was wearing sweatpants but a queen is always a queen and she was proof that was true.
I looked at her savoring the anticipation of what i was about to do and i must've grinned because she was looking at me like she could've begged me to wait but i thought if it really was so important she could've controlled herself perfectly. I kneeled down between her legs and i gently started touching her over her clothes. She stiffened again, it was so fun and exciting to feel her clench her muscles under my touch. That wasn't enough to make her hang up because even though she had to close her eyes to not look at me she pressed the phone against her ear as if it could remind her to keep replying because she had a conversation going on. Okay. I slid my hand under her pants and as my hand started brushing gently but with a lot less layers in between on her center i saw her almost losing control when she closed her eyes and threw her head back for a second but she regained control pretty quickly and kept going along. Huh, that's harder than i thought. As wrong as it possibly could be that became a matter of dominance very quickly.
"fine" i whispered as i took her pants and underwear off at the same time. She gave me a side glance and pointed her index at me but if that was all she was going to do, i could live with the fact i had ignored that.
I quickly flicked my tongue over her bundle of nerves once, one of my hands kept her in place and the other rose up to explore under her sweatshirt.
I swiped my tongue on her clit and between her folds tasting her. I kissed her pussy and pushed my tongue slightly further inside her just to tease her before directing my attention to her center. I kissed, licked and sucked on it and i could tell it was starting to be hard to keep going because sometimes she would vocalize something that wasn't supposed to come out of her mouth so she had to fix it as she could just as when she let out a breathy "oh my God" and then quickly added "unbelievable that's how it went..."
I didn't want to add my hands to the game just yet because the level of satisfaction i was getting by doing just that, teasing her when she was not able to let go, was like trying a drug for the first time.
"oh... stop, now you're being too kind" she chuckled but her free hand slid through my hair getting out of my face.
"no, no, no... i am the one who feels honored, I mean it" i had no idea what that was about and i certainly had wondered a couple of times but right in that moment i really wanted to get that phone out of her hands and throw it away.
"oh, of course, no problem we can finish this talk another time" she said and as i understood she was about to hang up i started picking up a pace.
"yes... hum, nonsense, call me- call me anytime" she said with some struggles along the way but she certainly delivered it and gladly touched the red button to end the call compulsively after she threw her phone on the sofa seat.
"oh my God, babe, why are you doing this" she moaned as she held my head in place.
I was a little too busy to answer that but i smiled as i looked up at her because after all i had just accomplished my mission.
"oh, babe please... please..." she said as her breathing got heavier and her back arched.
She knew that hearing her begging made me wet so she most certainly was doing it to get back at me but i wasn't complaining, that was the sweetest sound to me.
"oh, oh yeah babe please make me cum" she said and not much after that her quivering legs slightly tightened around my face and her hold on my hair loosened as a sign i was now free to leave my place because my work there was done.
I licked her clean of all her juices as she recovered from her orgasm, hopefully not the only one of the day.
"what on earth has gotten into you today... jesus..."
"most certainly wasn't him babe..." i said as i got up from my knees to sit beside her and it made her laugh and faintly slap my thigh even though i could tell she meant it to be harder but she just didn't have more strength than that in that moment.
"who were you talking to?" i said propping my head up on my bent arm while i admired her beauty in the dim light of the room.
"I... was being offered a role, can you believe it? none used to hand lead roles to me as a first choice" she said looking pretty proud of herself which made an enormous smile erupt on my face.
"of course i can fucking believe it, you're god herself Sarah Paulson" i said and she laughed but i was deadly serious "no, no haha, that's stone cold solid facts, if you look up God on the dictionary you'd find 'known to most as Sarah Paulson' so shut up... Actually no don't shut up, talk but just to tell me what role it is"
"another real person... i know you love those" she joked.
"i'm not a people person okay, but i like so many more people after you play them on screen" i said "that doesn't give away much though, tell me more"
"it's... Glennon Doyle" she shrugged.
"shut up!!" i shrieked "finally playing actual gay stuff on tv, the world is going to implode when this comes out" i said and probably that was a little bit too fangirl-y but that was in my nature, i just couldn't help myself.
"because you said you'll do it right? Right, Sarah?!" i asked praying she hadn't turned into a complete idiot while i was going down on her.
"of course i said yes, how do you say no when something like this is being offered to you?!" she said.
"phew, i got scared there for a hot second" i said.
"yeah... also what just happened makes me just perfect for the part, i believe" she chuckled.
"oh does it? wanna do it again?" i said leaning forward to kiss her.
"no i mean yeah but seriously though what's going on with you today?" she said.
"what do you mean, isn't this like a regular thing we do?" i asked.
"hum, sabotaging my phone calls going down on me while i'm discussing character details? No...?"
"oh that... Vanessa wants to hang out with us and you wouldn't get off the damn phone so i took the matters in hands and it worked" i said.
"you look... better... are you?" she asked securing a few strands of hair behind my ear.
"yeah... i'm okay, i really look forward to the concert tonight, almost as much as Vanessa... She's acting like she's on a sugar spike since we told her" i chuckled.
"Oh okay, so you actually want to go..."
"of course, why'd you think otherwise?"
"i don't know i just wasn't sure you'd be ready for that, i don't want to force you to do anything, i hate seeing you feel uncomfortable and i don't want to be the reason why"
"it's fine sarah, i'm not broken, i'm okay" i said "i bend but i don't break, you can believe that"
"i know" she said kissing me again "i know that"
"now you should get up your ass off your phone and we should figure something to do with Vanessa because she's going to make us regret even getting out of bed if we don't"
"don't worry, i got you, we're going out" she said standing up holding her hand out to me.
"excuse me, out? you're going to have to give me a little more than that"
"i wanna show you a place you might like, fortunately it's still early cause it's going to take a while to get there" she said checking the time on her phone.
"mhmh i like this thing where you make the plans and decisions and i just do nothing" i said considering that was one of the few times we hadn't planned or decided things together.
"oh great then go get dressed" she said and she pulled me closer to her "before i undress you and then there's no going back" she whispered.
I gulped "you make me wanna stay still and make you undress me but we're not going to do that because we are responsible, loving parents who wanna spend the day with their daughter" i said getting off the couch "i was too young for kids after all wasn't i?!" i said to myself. 
Once we told Vanessa we were going out she started asking a million questions about where we were going and i gladly directed her to Sarah saying i didn't know where we were going. However, if she could be stubborn Sarah was the one she had learned that from so eventually Vanessa gave up and waited until we got there. I was in charge of the music in the car and fortunately managed to keep everyone's taste in mind so we wouldn't get in a fight and Sarah was pleased. She had this weird rule according to which the one who drives gets to have the final word on the music we were listening to which apparently only applied to the times she was driving because when i was she chose the music anyway. Fortunately we had a lot of things in common when it came to music.
Sarah gave her best singing performance on Cher so i carefully avoided everything related unless she specifically asked for Cher.
"you already told us that mom" Vanessa said exasperated from hearing about Sarah sniffing Cher's hair for the millionth time.
"oh my... you are SO my child" I said high-fiving her on the backseat.
"it's a funny story!" Sarah protested.
"mummy please tell her something" Vanessa said looking for my help while i was hoping to sit this one out.
"it's just... it gets a little less funny when you told that story so many times i can even predict the words you're going to use Sarah"
"Sarah?! Excuse me? I am taking you to the beach and this is how you call me?!"
"so that's where we're going..." i smirked because she had let that escape her.
"oh shut up! now everybody quiet until we get there" she said pissed by the fact she had gotten distracted.
"really? that's what you're mad about?" i asked "not even the fact i basically called you predictable?"
"huh... hadn't noticed that" she said "but yeah thanks for giving me one more reason to be mad about"
"oh come on Sarah..." i said and she gave me her worst side eyes and since she was very well trained at playing scary people that was quite unsettling.
"okay okay, babe?"
"you're going to have to do more than that now.." she mumbled.
"my love..." i said slowly getting closer to her "sweetheart ... darling... angel..." i said getting a little closer "princess... love of my life... one and only true love of mine... undisputed queen and ruler of my heart" i said and this last one made her giggle. I took that as a sign that peace was made and left a soft kiss on her neck.
"it tickles, it tickles" she said.
"i know" i smiled satisfied with my actions.
"girls... brace yourselves because we are almost there" she said sounding excited.
"I can't wait!!" Vanessa squealed making me and Sarah laugh.
We arrived in this tiny, calm bay with a gorgeous sand beach and the ocean in all its majesty.
"oh god" i said burying my feet in the sand "oh my god i used to hate this feeling but i missed it so much" i said.
"i'm glad you liked my idea sarah said rolling on her towel to get closer to me"
"liked it?! i love it... sssh, listen" i said and focused on the sound of the waves slowly and faintly hitting the shore, sometimes seagulls would join enriching that already marvelous melody and if i closed my eyes i could almost feel like i was home if it wasn't for the way the air smelled so much like ocean and so little like the sea i was used to a lot less tumultuous and vehement.
"what are you doing?" Vanessa asked projecting her shadow on our faces.
"come" i said tapping on the little space between me and Sarah and she laid down between us.
"close your eyes" i said and did so myself "and just listen" i sighed.
"we're going to do this game" i said "can you hear the sea?" i asked as i wanted her to focus on certain things.
"yeah" she said.
"can you hear the birds? don't loose the ocean though, pay attention to both together and add the things i tell you on top of that."
"yeah i can hear both" she said.
"ah isn't that marvelous? not even music can top that" i said "now can you feel the sun and breeze on you face?" i asked.
"yeah, it feels so good" i said.
"yeah i know right... now can you feel... the sand between your toes?"
"yeah it's kinda damp too"
"it's okay just keep your ears on the sounds, your skin on the feeling" i said "tell me when we can proceed. She took a few seconds as she was probably enjoying my little "game".
"you can go"
"okay, can you tell the air smells differently from the city and it's like sort of heavier, dense when you inhale?" this was a harder one so i let her take her time.
"yeah..." she replied.
"good... take a few more deep breaths and exhale deeply too... now lick your lips, how do they taste?"
"kind of salty..." she said.
"mhmh... now when you want open your eyes" i said, she did and tilted her head to look at me.
"don't look at me, look up" i said "what's there?"
"just the sky...and a trail like airplanes make"
"good now focus on each thing we said for ten seconds.. ten for the sounds" i counted the ten seconds in my mind "ten seconds for the feeling, sun, breeze and sand... then the smell... the taste and the blue of the sky"
"can you feel it all together?"
"yes" she confirmed.
"good, can we add one more thing or do you want to stop?" i asked.
"no please continue"
"ok this is the last thing, it's going to be a little tricky though... can you feel the weight of your body pressed on the ground as well as all the things we said before?" i asked "i'll give you time, tell me when".
"oh..." she said after a while she was silent "i think i can feel it now..."
"good then you won" i said.
"but you can't know if i really did..." she complained as if her win hadn't been a fair one.
"you're right so you can go back to your sand castle if you want..." i said.
"maybe i'm going to try this one another time" she said closing her eyes again.
"i guess this proves it" i sighed and turned on my side to leave a kiss on her cheek and i looked up at Sarah.
"thank you for taking us here... i didn't know  you had any idea how much i missed the sea"
"it's something you never mention but i see whenever you look out the window in our apartment it's like you're looking for it because your eyes travel up to the horizon and your eyebrows go down a little... i figured it must've been this you were missing" she said.
I was taken aback about the fact i hadn't realized how much she really observed me and most of all how much she understood me deeply.
"what...? am i wrong?" she asked.
"no... no, you're not wrong..." i said and i suddenly felt like i didn't deserve her. So kind, compassionate and empathetic. How do i deserve her?
"Uhm... Sarah?"
"yeah?"
"I love you... I really do" I said as if it could ever be enough to express how i really felt but i didn't know the words to describe that kind of feeling.
"i love you too" she said and she smiled and looked even brighter than the sun, that smile shone and it looked so good on her face.
She leaned in and we shared a brief kiss.
"you're getting in the way of the sun though..." Vanessa said making us snap back away from each other. Sarah laughed. I have to marry this woman. It was the only thing i could think about because it was unbelievable that no matter how undeserving of her i was she loved me. She had planned out our weekend together for me, to make me feel better. Me.
Eventually Vanessa got bored so she returned to her sand fortress making but of course she wanted me and Sarah to play with her and of course we were happy to join because both of us were able of instantly go back in time and become kids again. Sarah was really in contact with her inner child so it took me a while more than it took her and as an exuberant child as she was she ended up digging a moat around the castle with her bare hands to prevent the waves from destroying it.
No need to mention that by the time we were getting back to get car to head home the left side of my body was completely wet, sarah was covered in sand from head to toe and from time to time when she scratched her head a little sand fell out. Vanessa was probably the most presentable her pants were drenched but she looked happy as i had never seen her before.
"This was the most amazing day ever" she said once we were all in the car.
Me and Sarah exchanged a quick look and we were both visibly glad she was having a good time.
"did you really enjoy it baby?" Sarah asked.
"it was great, we made the most beautiful sand castle i've ever made even though then it got knocked down by a wave but it doesn't matter, because i can make many more like that one and THEN when i'm older and smarter and... with more money, i will build one exactly like that but real with actual rooms we can all live in"
"oh is that so?" i asked because i liked when she talked about the future, no matter if that future only existed because one afternoon she enjoyed building sand castles "so you'll build it yourself? all on your own?"
"no of course that's why i need the money, to pay the people that can build it" she said with a lot more pragmatism than i would've expected from a kid her age.
"okay so what is it you want to do, you just want to have the money to pay?" Sarah asked.
"no... i will tell them what to do, i will tell them what they have to build and i'll show them my drawings" she explained.
"oh so you're going to be the architect! Oh my God! My daughter the architect, i love that" i said.
"she's going to do a bunch of different jobs if you get this excited about everything" Sarah mocked me.
"oh i'm just being supportive of the immense talent and capabilities i'm sure she'll have" i said "and anyway what do you know, maybe she'll like one of the things i say"
"you never said i could be like you" Vanessa said out of the blue and surely i wasn't expecting her to say that.
"ugh, i guess i haven't said that yet... but baby i will support you no matter what you choose i'll stand by you and your choice but, you don't have to do it for me, to be like me, you have to do something you love, okay?"
"i still have some time to think about it i guess" she said.
"oh yes baby you have all the time, don't worry about it right now, mommy just likes to fantasize" Sarah said.
Why i was obsessing over the fact she might want to be like me, do the same job, live the same way was beyond me but most of all why i was so scared of the possibility of that being her choice.
My life choices, job included, gave some pretty hard hits to my life and maybe i had a little more stress than people my age that have just started working should have. I wanted to be happy about her considering following in my footsteps but i was just so afraid that she'd end up with some life scarring trauma adding up on the ones she already had. She had had a life threatening condition so that she would want to be on the other side of the story, be the one that saves and not the one who needs to be saved, surely sounded appealing and comforting to her but it just made me terrified that she'd find out that you can't save everyone the hard way just like me.
Engaging in conversation with these thoughts on my mind was not at all easy so i limited my interactions and it didn't take long for Sarah to notice. She touched my thigh lightly so as i was lost looking out the window i moved my attention to her and she smiled and i couldn't help but smile at her too.
"God, i love you" i whispered looking down at her hand on my thigh.
"this is what you were thinking about? how much you love me?" she giggled.
"uhm... that's what i think about every minute of every day" i said.
"stop and tell me, Vanessa fell asleep anyway" she said giving a glance to the rear view mirror.
"oh yeah... well it was nothing i was just thinking why she would ever want to do the same job as me. She's seen what i do and the hours i work and how demanding it is..."
"She wants to be like you because she loves you and she admires you, because you're her mom" she said.
"I don't want her to have to deal with the kind of stuff i've had to deal with and i've just started" i said.
"don't you love what you do? don't you love saving lives or helping save them?" she asked "because i think you do, the pride in your eyes whenever your patients start to get better... i see it and she sees it too".
"yes but that's just one side... and the other side is death... and i feel like she's suffered enough.." i said.
"well it's going to be her choice in the end and we will have to support her but it's really not worth worrying about right now... we still got time before she leaves to go get her own life" she said looking at Vanessa sleeping in the backseat.
"you're right i was just being myself too much... when did i start overthinking stuff to this extent"
"when life made you... you're going to be fine" she said stroking my thigh in a comforting manner.
"we will be together right?" i asked as it came out of my mouth before i could bite my tongue "i mean you're not tired of me are you?"
"never... i love you babe... don't you know that?" she looked a little sad suddenly.
"no, i mean, yeah i know that and i love you too but like... please don't get tired of me, i love you so much and even when i'm impossible to deal with please tell me and i'll come to my senses eventually i promise"
"babe, i don't need to hear this, i love you and i'm not changing my mind, i want to be with you" she said.
"thank you" i whispered as she pulled over in the driveway and she smiled at me again.
"we should go get ready now... i want it to be a perfect night" Sarah said smiling.
"I mean it's Adele, how can it be less than perfect?!" i said.
We barely had the time to shower and change our outfits so when we left we were already almost late for our meeting with Amanda, Leslie and the others.
"i can't believe we made it oh my god i was so nervous" sarah said as we we walked to our seats.
"this place looks so... I don't know, i've never seen a place like this." i said as i looked around in awe.
"i mean... it's Adele, did you expect any less?" she chuckled.
Vanessa had managed to seat next to Leslie's daughter. Even though she was much older they got along pretty well and she seemed to like her a lot.
"No of course not, of course not"
"are you happy we're here?" Sarah asked leaning closer to me.
"if i'm happy? oh babe i'm over the moon every second i get to spend with you so yeah i'm so happy i could die right now" i said.
"yeah but i mean here here, at an Adele concert. Almost every time we play one of her songs you say we should go to one of her concerts" she said holding my hand.
"i know and i mean it, i love her, everyone loves her actually... but yeah thank you for making this happen and thank you for always thinking of ways to make me happy. I just hope you know i love you and i'd be happy doing anything with you" i said.
"i know that... and i love you for it" she said giving me a kiss on my cheek.
Soon the concert started so we focused on the show. She looked inhumanly gorgeous and of course all her looks were always on point and classy as she always was. We even got to witness the sweetest proposal ever, my heart filled with joy and i hoped i could do something like that for Sarah too.
"oh my God look she said yes, they're so cute" I told Sarah as the girl kissed her fiancé.
"i know, they look absolutely amazing together, they must be very happy" Sarah agreed.
"oh i'm so happy for them, this is the best thing that happened tonight" i said.
"yes?" sarah said encircling my waist with her arm.
"yeah, i mean everything's been perfect but these kind of things always make me so happy, i don't know how many videos i've watched of guys randomly proposing to their girlfriends in the middle of a concert" i said.
Sarah slid behind me and hugged my waist with both her arms resting her chin on my shoulder "yeah i guess there's something magical to it" she said.
"yeah... she looks like she's enjoying it too" i said pointing at Vanessa watching the scene attentively.
"what can i say you're two hopeless romantics i guess, like mother like daughter." Sarah giggled.
The concert soon resumed but we stayed like that and i loved being between her arms it made me feel super relaxed and i was enjoying every minute of it. We sang along and even if she was kinda yelling in my ear i didn't care because i think i had not been that happy and peaceful at the same time in too long.
"oh my gosh i can't believe of all the songs she's going to do my favorite" i said as i recognized the beginning of "one and only".
"see? that's great... ugh this song is so good" her hand briefly left mine to reach for her pocket. I thought nothing of it if not only that maybe she was looking for her phone to take a few pictures but that wasn't the case because her hand came back into mine again but there was something more so i looked down and it was a little black box. It took me a few seconds to realize and i literally froze. I had that little velvety box in my hands and it felt weird to think that we were in that situation again but reversed "do you want to open it, babe?" she said still hugging my waist.
I gulped and turned to face her, her arms still around me "okay... i'll open it"
I wasn't even listening to the song anymore i thought i had gone deaf the second that little box was put in my hand. Is it so stressful being proposed to? oh my God.
"so i know how you don't like big gestures and being the center of attention but i still wanted this moment to be memorable so as i didn't wanna embarrass you and make you uncomfortable i decided to handle matters quietly and do it like this: you, me and our favorite songs just as i hope it'll always be. You're everything to me, you give me purpose, keep me grounded, you also give me love, attention, you comfort me and i hope i can do the same for you. I love you more than i have ever loved anyone and i am 100% sure that i want you and this life with you and our gorgeous daughter and i will want it forever so i thought we should make it really last forever... So, will you marry me?"
I had opened the box but i hadn't even looked at the ring yet because i needed to look at her as she talked to make sure this was really happening and i wasn't dreaming.
"will i... oh please, of course i will marry you. i'd marry you right now, jesus" i said barely holding back tears of joy.
I threw my arms around her and hugged her so strongly and she reciprocated with the same strength. I pulled back after a moment and kissed her still holding that little box in hand. Her grip tightened around me and her kiss became more vigorous and my hand rose to her nape to keep her in place a little longer as i wasn't ready to break the kiss.
When we pulled back we were both short of breath and smiling like two mischievous kids.
"you didn't even glance at the ring, i wanna know if you like it"
"it could be a paper ring and i'd still love it, you know that right?"
"i know, and exactly because i know i wanna watch you open it, because you deserve the finest things i can give you" she said.
"alright.." i said and finally looked at the ring. It was an oval shaped diamond embedded on a gold ring. it was so simple and elegant i was stunned by how beautiful it looked.
"can i...?" she asked signaling to the ring so i let her take it. She got it out of the box and slid it on my finger, it was the perfect size and it looked really good "how did you get it the right size... oh my..." i said looking at our hands still touching and this new, shiny, gorgeous ring on my finger.
"hum... the truth is i tried on the ring you always wear on your fourth finger and i took the same size of the finger where it fitted me" i laughed.
"yeah" she chuckled, "we did lots of sneaky things" she said.
"we?!" i asked.
"sure, me and Vanessa were plotting against you the whole time" she said.
"oh i see..." i said looking over at Vanessa and i noticed she was sometimes looking at us and when she caught me looking back at her i smiled and showed her the ring, her cheeks turned a little red and she smiled giving us thumbs up.
"she's giving us thumbs up..." i chuckled "oh i swear if she didn't exist someone ought to invent her".
All the songs sounded a little different from that moment on and sure as hell listening to them live and in sarah's arms felt like a very convincing dream, the kind you wake up and you're not sure that stuff didn't actually happen.
Of course as all dreams it didn't last as long as i wanted it too because soon we came to the last song and the evening was over. I looked back down at the ring on my finger as we were walking out that great park hand in hand.
"did you do it?" i heard Amanda whispering to Sarah, probably think i wasn't listening.
I put my hand out and showed her the ring before Sarah could reply.
"Yess!! oh my God my best friend is getting married!" she yelled for everyone, probably in the whole city, to hear.
"okay bird calm down.." Sarah chuckled looking around nervously.
"Oh this is so sweet but we're going to need you guys to pick a date as soon as possible because we don't want it to end like like the last time" Leslie teased.
"Certainly not going to happen, I sure do want to marry this one" i said.
"So?" Goldie followed closely "Pick pick pick" she chanted echoed by Vanessa.
"oh right now... let's see" Sarah said surprisedly.
"season...? on the count of 3 you're going to say which season you'd want and i'm going to do the same, ok?" i asked and she nodded so i started a count down with my hand while we continued slowly walking out.
"Summer" i said.
"spring" sarah said.
"oh well... we might have to compromise, so summer?" i said jokingly making them laugh a little.
"i was just worried about it being too hot for us to enjoy the day" Sarah said.
"promise i'll make sure you will not have to produce one drop of sweat" i said giving her puppy eyes.
"fine summer it is, you'll do all the planning anyway" Sarah said.
"fine now... where?"
"we will not need to compromise here, it's obviously going to be italy" Sarah said.
"no i mean i don't know... all your friends and family are here i wouldn't want it to be a problem, we seem to be good at attracting problems without creating more ourselves" I said.
"nonsense, your family is in italy, i love italy and i want a big fat italian wedding" she said clapping her hands like a little girl.
"honey that was greek wedding... the movie"
"oh... still i'm sure you guys can compete with the food and the party style" she said.
"fine, this summer in italy then" Leslie said "Amanda looks like we're going to go on holiday in italy"
"don't you dare leave me here" Goldie said pointing her index at her mother.
"no please she has to come" Vanessa said.
"of course, if Sarah and Sylvia want her..." Leslie said.
"please we adore you, little one, of course you're coming" Sarah said throwing her arm on Goldie's shoulder even though she was already taller than Sarah.
"good, all settled then, Amanda and her trillion kids, us two, sylvia's family, sarah's family and probably hundreds of relatives we will not have any way to communicate with"
"they all speak english perfectly so you will feel like you're retarded for not being able to speak their language but communication won't be a problem" Sarah reassured.
"oh, well that's great then it's going to be amazing, i'm going to be so drunk it's going to be ridiculous" Leslie said and Amanda gave her thumbs up immediately even though she was on the phone with someone.
"i certainly hope so..." Sarah said really looking forward to having fun.
"Guys... baby sitter emergency... we're going to have to go... it's been a great night and... we can't wait for the wedding" Amanda said smiling.
"go bird don't worry, thank you for everything and call me soon" Sarah said hugging her.
"oh bird you never need to thank me, congratulations and i love you so so much" Amanda said hugging her back but then she held one arm out and called for me to join in the hug so i did.
"thank you Amanda, i know you probably had to brainwash her into actually doing this" i said as a joke.
"oh, she knows you for real, this one" Amanda laughed breaking the hug.
"yeah... she does" Sarah said faking embarrassment.
Amanda jumped in her car and left briefly after.
"huh, i think these two have news for us..." Leslie said looking back at goldie and Vanessa talking excitedly but with very low voices.
"hey baby you alright?" I asked Vanessa.
"mmh yeah i'm okay, i wanted to ask you and mom something." she said but she didn't really look like she wanted to.
"can she spend the night at ours?" Goldie said anticipating her.
Vanessa looked really uncomfortable so i reached out and she took my hand coming closer and me and Sarah both lowered to her height to look at her.
"is that what you wanted to ask us?" i asked.
"yeah..." she said.
"do you want to go?" Sarah asked "you don't look comfortable baby, this is the only reason why we're asking"
"yeah... but... will you be angry at me if i go?"
"absolutely not baby girl, if this is what you want we want you to do it" i said.
"never ever think anything like that, we love you unconditionally no matter what, okay?" Sarah said.
"promise?" Vanessa asked.
"promise" me and sarah replied without one second of hesitation.
"deal then, i'm a mother of two tonight, god help me so" Leslie joked.
"what about pajamas, toothbrush and all though... i asked Sarah"
"oh dear i've had a little girl too i'll find something that will fit her and i will give her a new toothbrush" Leslie said "i'd say you really need to take advantage of tonight... if you know what i mean and i think you do" she continued in a lower tone.
Me and Sarah both laughed because that thought had probably crossed both of our minds but we weren't ready to be outed like that but that was the fun of Leslie, after all.
"Goodnight then guys, don't do too much sleeping tho..." Leslie said from the car window waving at us and i winked and waved back.
We watched them get out the parking lot and gave each other a look from the side that made us both giggle. I did a half turn and hugged her waist "i'm still star struck... like i can feel the ring on my finger and i can't believe it's there" i said.
"oh this is how long you've been waiting..." Sarah giggled.
"actually... i was planning of redoing my proposal all over again i just didn't have the money for the kind of ring i wanted to get you yet..." i confessed "looks like you beat me with the timing"
"you were?!" she said like she absolutely couldn't believe it.
"yeah... i mean that would've been weird to suddenly start talking about getting married after months from the proposal when we never talked about it... clearly you agree or this wouldn't have happened" i said.
"no... i mean i wanted to create a good memory for this moment since the first time didn't exactly go as you wanted to" she said.
"i know... you did great, it was certainly memorable but not too overwhelming, thank you for being considerate about it..."
"of course babe... now... we should go home and stop wasting out precious night here" Sarah smirked.
"oh if you put it like that let's go, let's go" i said running to the car.
"We're getting married..." i whispered close to her ear hugging her in front of the door as she rummaged for the keys in her purse.
"mmh don't do that"
"what?" i whispered again.
"that whispering thing..." she said finally unlocking the door.
"why?"
"it's... arousing"
"oh, in that case..." i said "why don't i continue..." i whispered.
She kicked her shoes off first thing as she got in through the door, they probably weren't too comfortable but i realized she only did so it'd be easier to slam my back against the wall. We kissed almost shoving our faces against each other. Her body pressed on mine and that pure fact was enough to have me completely at her mercy. Her leg insinuated between mine and her thigh pressed against my core making me moan softly and grind my hips against her.
"babe..." i panted as she kissed my neck and teased my nipple.
"yeah...?" she asked not slowing down one bit.
"fuck me" i whispered in her ear because i wanted to make her feel like i felt.
She looked at me and in the darkness of that hallway i could've sworn i had seen her eyes shine.
"when you ask me like that..." she said dragging me to the bedroom.
I started unbuttoning my shirt but she stopped me with a feeble slap on the back of my hand "don't... I want to do it myself" she said starting to work on the buttons with one hand as the other slipped down my pants.
"huh so wet for me..." she teased me as she drew slow circles around my most sensitive spot and kissed me again. As she finished unbuttoning i took my shirt off, tossed it on the floor and went to unhook my bra. Once those were off it was time to regain some control of the situation so i unzipped her pants and put my hand down her underwear "mmh, someone else is wet" i said teasing her entrance with my finger but not going in just yet. She laughed and moaned softly before pulling her hand out and pushing me on the bed so she could get my pants off more easily and my underwear came off too.
"now we're talking.." she said looking at me naked on the bed. She removed her top and bra for me and i slid her pants down to her ankles "even better" i said admiring her.
She got on top of me and started kissing me again, her warm tongue swirling around in my mouth and i nibbled on her lower lip carefully.
"how much do you want me to touch you again?" she said.
"touch me, put your fingers inside me, please, my pussy's throbbing" i said.
"oh babe i'm so sorry, let's fix this, shall we?" she asked starting to touch me again.
"yes..." i moaned throwing my head back
"please, babe..." i begged for her to finally put her fingers inside me but it looked like she wanted to play with my desperation.
"be patient babe... you'll get where you want to be i promise... let me have my fun" she giggled.
She pushed me back and up on the bed so she could get comfortably between my legs. She kissed, bit and sucked on my inner thigh leaving a tiny love mark. Soon enough her attention turned to my clit fortunately and she began licking it increasing her pace steadily.
"yes... ooh" i gasped as i put my hand on her head to tell her not to stop.
"oh my god it feels so good..." i moaned as she hummed and licked on my center, still no fingers but i could wait, i wanted her to have her fun even at my own expense.
She just liked to tease me but i had my ways too and i wasn't going to be so good to her afterwards if she decided to drag that much longer.
"I swear if you're going to ruin my orgasm" i said impatiently waiting for her to stop playing.
"what? you're not going to marry me anymore?" she joked. She knew damn well i was going to marry her anyway and there was no point in denying it.
"oh my god... can you please just stop this..." I said exhausted by her leaving me halfway through for the second time.
"Ow you are so much more gorgeous when you're all flustered" she said straddling me so i couldn't flip us over "so impatient..."
"what is it, you need me to remind you how it needs to be done?" i asked.
"mmh i can wait but if you can't..." she said grinding her core against mine.
By the feeling that one grind gave me i knew it wasn't going to take long so if i could only get her to not stop too soon that would've made it.
"don't stop... please" I said. In response she started going faster and moaned.
"oh my god..." i said as i felt closer.
"shit i can't stop now..." sarah panted.
"screwed over by your own game..." i said.
"shut up" she said.
"make me" i challenged her and she put her hand on my mouth but i spiced it up taking two of her fingers in my mouth twirling my tongue around them.
She kept that pace and soon i started to feel like i was getting there. She removed her fingers from my mouth.
"i'm gonna cum..." i said.
"wait wait, hold it" she said.
hold it?
"oh please, babe..."
"ssh hold it just a little more" she said giving a few more hard thrusts "oh my god... cum babe, cum with me" she moaned as she reached her peak and i finally let go as we came together.
"god i love you so fucking much..." she said as she collapsed over me.
"so much you put a ring on it" i chuckled still catching my breath.
"right..." she giggled and kissed me.
"you... should let me know... when you're ready for round two..." she said still panting.
"round two?" i asked "catch your breath and then we'll see" i said.
"is this a challenge?" she asked.
"no.. but it could be..." i teased.
"fine, first one who can't take it anymore loses..."
"i'm in..." i said already already feeling the sweet taste that long long night was going to have.

A/N Sooooooo... i'm terribly late... like as always, you know me by now if you've come this far. Just as every time i hope you like the chapter... this was a very special one, mostly bc it's dedicated to my one and only. I hope we'll get to be as happy as Sarah and Sylvia one day, i love you so much and i hope you liked it <3