Chapter 17, Vents

Yes, I showered. I just did it really fast and then proceeded to climb into the vents and crawl to the room where the meeting was being held.

"-and I don't think there is any problem in pausing the operation." Steve said with a tone of finality.

"It's your asses getting in trouble when Fury comes to yell at us. But I'm not going to stop you." Tony said.

"I am not to be implicated in any sense, you got that?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah! she's going to be super excited!!!"  I heard Peter exclaim.

"I don't have anything pressing that needs to get done." Stephen said.

"Should I get her?" Clint asked

"Yeah, she should be in her bedroom or with the twins-" Natasha began to say

"She's here." Bucky said.

Oh shit.

"Wait what?" everyone but Steve and Clint said.

Dang it. I was busted. Maybe if I was quite then they would think I wasn't actually here.

"Doll, me and Bucky know you're here. You can either come out yourself or we can drag you out." Steve announced.

I couldn't see anything as the vent was closed, but I knew that he was looking up my direction. "Fine." I huffed, pushing the vent open and popping my head out.

I definitely did not want them to drag me out.

What I didn't expect was for the floor to be a million miles away. I had never officially seen the room, I had always just listened while inside the vents.

I could feel my face pale and my eyes widen. All I saw was the drop from where I was, to the floor.

Mind you, I had never been at heights like this before. While you'd think that I would be scared of  the height from my bedroom window view, I wasn't. From my bedroom I had thick glass between me and falling. Here, all I had to do was slip.

Nope. I was not going to do this. "NOPE." I said closing my eyes. Before I could think it through I scooted myself backwards, away from the edge. So, when the lower half of my body slipped off of an edge, I wasn't prepared. I let out a sharp yelp before my breath was knocked out of me.

The only thing that kept me from falling was my quick reflexes. I could hear quite a few shouting voices, but it took me a moment to catch my breath.

"I'm okay!" I shouted, once I could breathe.

"CLINT!!! YOU'RE GOING TO REGRET SHOWING HER THE VENTS!!" I heard Tony yell.

"Hey, you okay?" said Peter, his hand sticking out to grab mine. When he pulled me up it was very cramped in the small vent.

"How'd you get up here?" I questioned, resting myself against the wall of the vent. 

"Spider powers, remember? Hey Eclipse?"

"Yeah."

"Are you scared of heights?"

"Well- yeah. Kind of ish." I said with an awkward laugh. The awkward laugh wasn't because of the question, it was because of the situation we were in. Remember, the vent was only tall enough to crawl in, and even though me and Peter were on the smaller side we were squished to the point it was slightly uncomfortable. The ledge area was also quite short, as I had been easily able to fall off of it earlier.

So here I am, laying somewhat on my side against the vent wall, and Peter hovering upwards and to the left of me, trying to give me some space but it wasn't working.