🍧━━━ 004 ▸ 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙩𝙤𝙣 | Cardigan

☾︎✰❛❀

☾︎✰❛❀

November, 1984

Steve grinned widely as he opened the passenger door of his BMW and held his hand out to his long-term girlfriend. She stepped out onto the patchy grass, but not without rolling her eyes playfully. Before she could take another step towards her front porch, Steve wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

"Steve," Y/n giggled, placing her hands on his.

Steve did not respond and instead buried his face in the crook of her neck and let out a groan. Y/n continued to move towards her porch, but with Steve holding her tightly she could not help but drag her feet.

"C'mon, baby, I gotta go," she murmured, laughing under her breath.

When he finally loosened his grasp and followed her onto the porch, Y/n turned around and was promptly startled by him stepping forward and pulling her into his arms yet again.

"Are you sure you can't stay out just a little bit longer?"

He leaned in until their heads were pressed against each other. Y/n felt tempted to give in when she looked him in the eye, but frowned, knowing someone else needed her just a bit more.

"My dad's working all night tonight," she frowned. "And you know how El doesn't like to be on her own when it gets late."

Steve sighed, before nodding his head. He kissed her forehead and held the sides of her face affectionately. She smiled at him gratefully.

"Next time," Y/n promised, wrapping her arms around his neck and meeting his disappointed gaze. "We'll stay for as long as you want."

"I'm holding you to it," Steve whispered, before leaning in with a foolish grin and kissing her softly. Y/n smiled against his lips and laughed when he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

When he finally pulled away, he waited until Y/n fished her house key from the pocket of her jeans before letting go of her waist.

She held his face and got in one final peck to last her through till morning when he would come by to take her to work.

"Goodnight," she whispered, unable to stop grinning.

"Goodnight, baby," he replied, smiling back at her in awe. How did she manage to still look so pretty under the dim lighting of an old porch light? Even after a year of walking her to her front door at night, Steve was still amazed.

Just as Y/n pulled her hands away from his face and went to step back, Steve leaned in and stole one more kiss. He could never get enough of the taste of her chapstick and the feeling of her lips on his.

"I love you," he added.

"I love you too," she responded with ease, before leaning back against the front door and waving goodbye until his car was almost out of sight.