« 31 » BENNY WATTS | Insecure

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ.O.ᐯ

Sister. It was never refined to blood. Your best friend could be your sister, but that relationship was different. You were included in conversations, brought out to eat, praised and loved, but that wasn't what sisters meant to you.

Sisters often meant your two loved children, but you the penny lying in streets for days, people passed by unphased by your presence.

It wasn't terrible as you and Beth had a tradition of going to her chess matches it made up for the unfortunate circumstances at home. Earlier this month, Beth told you about her next tournament: The US Championships. She wanted you and your mum to go with her, of course, you said yes, you got a week or two off school. Your mum made a big deal out of it and made you both get something new to wear.

After your father left you all, your mum got better and began to show her love for you. She would bring you with her and Beth when it was tournament season. So after all the bad things, life was seeming to change for the better, you and your sister were as close as you could get.

There was one thing that always made you jealous, even though she never showed interest in her look or boys, but always seemed to get people looking at her, no surprise there she is gorgeous. It was infuriating that she could sneeze and fifty people would offer a tissue, while you could trip and someone would laugh. You were always referred to as Beth Harmon's little sister never Y/n Y/l/n. It hurt most of the time but when you were recognized for your musical talents, you felt great.

You were to meet Beth in Ohio, she was going out there herself and left you here in the house by yourself. It was around a week after your sister's 'friend' Harry left that the championships took place. And so here you were outside the hotel Beth and you were supposed to stay. You only carried a backpack and your guitar case as the championships were only a weekend, plus you might get bored halfway through tomorrow.

"Hi, reservation for Harmon." You smiled at the lady at the front desk setting down your guitar and resting on the desk.

"Beth Harmon and Y/n?" She asked looking through a long list of names, you nodded to which she abruptly turned and walked off. Not two minutes later the woman returned with a silver key with the door number attached on a piece of card. She handed it to you while telling you where the room was.

You shuffled down the long hallway before reaching room 521, the door opened before you could turn the key. You were attacked with a hug, dropping the guitar case you returned the hug smiling for the first time in months.

"Y/n/n, I've missed you so much. Come on, we have this whole room to ourselves." Beth smiled grabbing your guitar and pulled you along. The room was larger than Beth's room and yours. You gasped stopping at the big windows and looking down to the ground. Beth pulled you over to the beds, two doubles. She smiled and jumped onto hers.

"Come on... join me." You couldn't resist her so you flopped down after her in fits of giggles surrounded by fluffy pillows. This is what you missed most, seeing your sister smile without the use of illegal substances. You knew she couldn't help it but when she laughed you would follow suit and forget about the world.