« 34 » MADDY PEREZ | Always been you

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ.O.ᐯ

Kat hung up and Maddy stared at the phone in shock, the tears glossing her eyes made it hard to see.

She looked through her contacts a final time and froze when she saw your name. Maybe.. just maybe- no. Fuck. She runs her hand through her hair with a sharp sigh. She hadn't seen you since the carnival a night ago, you'd been avoiding her like the plague.

That was the night she finally realized her feelings for you, causing her to grow distant.

You weren't making it easy, wanting to be around her all night. So in turn, this resulted in an argument, though not dramatic like most, it was one of the biggest ones you've both had.

-

"Y/n, I don't even know what you're talking about."

"You always do this shit. The least you could do is say it to my face instead of being such a bitch about it," you whisper angrily, trying not to draw any attention toward either of you.

"A bitch? You're the one calling me a bitch? Look how you've been acting-"

"Me!? Look. Maddy, I'm not doing this with you tonight. I came here to have a good time with my bestfriend, but instead, she's acting weird and ignoring me every chance she gets."

"Are you upset that I'm busy with Nate? If that's what this is you can fuck off," she forces out.

She tries not to cry when she sees the anger on your face. You'd never looked at her like this. It made a wave of guilt rush through her, but of course, she wouldn't let you see it.

A look almost of betrayal flashed in your eyes, but as soon as it was there, it was gone.

"I tell him how bad he is for you and now you try to use it against me? What the fuck is your problem?" you hiss out.

She rolls her eyes. "It's not my fault you're head over heels for me. You're like a fucking lost and needy puppy, I swear Y/n. Get a hold of yourself."

It grows quiet despite the loud sounds of the crowd passing by you two. All she can focus on is you, then the tear that rolls down your face, the way you glare at her with hatred as you furiously wipe it away.

She freezes in fear as you stalk up to her, your bottom lip trembling.

"Fuck you."

You bump her shoulder as you walk past her and back into the crowd. Away from her.

The regret she feels increases by hundreds as she replays the look on your face in her head. She swallows her pride for a moment and calls after you weakly, frozen in her spot. She's not sure if you heard her, and if you did, you didn't stop your tense stride back into the crowd.