🧊 ▸ 𝘾𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝘼𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙖 | Warm

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ.O.ᐯ

Snuggling closer into Steve's side, you sighed in contentment as the warmth of the alcohol you had been sipping on all night had spread throughout your body, as well as the warmth from Steve's body.

You sat quietly nestled under his arm as you watched the others drunkenly argue and bicker with each other. They were playing all kinds of questionnaire games, the current one being Would You Rather?

We were still on the vanilla questions , but it wouldn't be long until Tony started spewing out all the sexual, total invasions of privacy, ones. He was the most drunk out of anyone, nothing new, but when Tony got like this, it always meant trouble...

"Cappy." He points and you internally sigh, feeling Steve nervously shift next to you as he awaited the fate of Tony's question, "Would you rather..." He thinks, a small smirk forming on his face, "save Peggy or save Y/N?"

The room goes silent. Smiles are dropped from nearly everyone's faces (except Tony's).

"Tony." Bucky is the only person to speak, giving Tony a warning look.

You furrow your brows, looking up at your boyfriend who seems to be having a hard time answering the question.

"What? We're all thinking it." He shrugs.

You sit up straighter now, letting go of Steve's finger from his hand that was draped over your shoulder. He looks to you now, a worried expression falling over his face, though he's yet to produce an answer. He looks back at everyone else, blinking dumbly.

With tears instantly stinging the brim of your eyes, you storm out of the common area. You had felt Steve's hand brush yours in an attempt to stop you, but you retracted it out of his reach completely.

"So who's it gonna be?" Tony persists, almost as if you hadn't just left the room in tears at something he caused.

"Shut up, Tony!" Nearly everyone collectively shouts as Steve gets up from his seat and follows after you.

He ends up at your room, the door slammed shut and not a single noise coming from inside.

"Y/N?" He knocks, still valuing your right to privacy even if he was your boyfriend, "Can I come in?"

"Agent Y/L/N has locked the door to her room." Spoke FRIDAY.

"Can I at least talk from out here?" He asked hopefully, when he had gotten no response from either you or AI he took that as a sign to talk, "I-"

"Agent Y/L/N has soundproofed her room."

Steve hesitates to leave, thinking of anything else he could do to talk to you before sighing in defeat and giving you the space you clearly want and probably need.

-

You hardly slept- not well at least. You had way too much on your mind, not to mention the crying that persisted in waves throughout the night. You woke up to a puffy face and a sore body from all the tossing and turning.