━━━ 006 ▸ 𝗩𝗲𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗮 𝗟𝗼𝗱𝗴𝗲 | Darling , I do

☾︎✰❛❀❜

☾︎✰❛❀❜

"Y/N?" Veronica's voice is shaky as she steps on to the stage , but she's glad to find you here.

You usually spend your lunchtimes in the auditorium , hiding away from the rest of the Riverdale high's students.

But sometimes you'll sit with your friends , and usually Veronica is thrilled to see you sitting with everyone but today ?

Today she needs to hide away with you.

To hide from the judging stares and the harsh whispers as she walks down the corridors. She needs you.

You turn your head away from the piece of paper you're writing on to look at your friend . Tears are flowing down her cheeks as she looks at you with a quivering lip.

" What's wrong ? " You quickly forget about the papers in front of you , dropping the pen on top of the piano as you make your way towards her , wrapping her in a tight hug .

" I-I er . People suck " She sighs and you pull away from her , gently wiping her tears away .

" What happened ? I would say who's ass I need to kick , but , well I can't imagine that would end well for anyone . " You say trying to lighten up her mood and the corners of her mouth curl up into half a smile .

" It's fine " Veronica sighed and leaned her head against your shoulder . You wrap an arm around her waist as the two of you stare out into the empty seats .

" It's not fine. Come on, tell me what happened. There's only us here." You reassure her .

" And the ghosts . " You add and she rolls her eyes, her smile widening and you feel your heart beat faster at the sight. However it stops as soon as her smile turns into a frown and she stares at the floor, her hair dangling in her face as she kicks a bit of tape about .

" People have been saying stuff. And at first, I thought I could just ignore it at first, I mean its only rumors and the people that are staying this stuff are saying it because they're jealous, or at least that's what my mom has always told me. "

Veronica then takes a shaky breath and continues .

" But now, I'm starting to believe them. I mean, I am spoilt , rich and most importantly, and worse of all, I'm a Lodge. From the moment I moved here, I've done everything I can to move as far away as I can from the Lodge title, but everyday I seem to become more and more like them. Sometimes I see it and then I feel like I can't breathe. And then I come here and everyone around me is saying I'm the thing I don't want to be. It just seems I can't escape from this persona that people have built for me "

She rambles and your expression softens as you look at her .

" V ?" You say softly, hooking a finger under her chin so she looks at you. You hear her breath hitch when she finally looks at you, and you heart breaks even more as she cries softly .

" That's not true. I don't think you're anything like that . " You add quickly and she scoffs.

" I think you're wonderful " You whisper, a blush creeping up your neck.

" Seriously. Okay, you only know what Riverdale is like since you moved here, and yes it may be a small town with plenty of gossip and people that have nothing better to do that call you names and whisper behind your back, but I know what it was like before you came here, and I can tell you it was a lot worse . "

You tell her and she rolls her eyes . " You're just saying that . "

" I'm not ! " You defend and she raises an eyebrow .

" Okay, before you came here, golden leaves looked brown to me. But then we walked around Pickens Park and you told me you loved autumn because all the leaves turned the ground into a golden walk-way, that made you feel really famous and the world has never looks so colorful. And then you pointed to the sky because you saw a cloud that looked like a dog, and before you, I would have barely looked at the sky, let alone make shapes out of the clouds. But you came, and you made me see the world in a different and wonderful way, and that's what a true Lodge does. That's what Veronica Lodge does. "

" Y/n .."

" I'm not finished yet." You place a finger over her lips and she stays quiet, wiping the tears away that have formed in her eyes.

" I know plenty of people. I've lived here all my life, and I can say without a doubt you are by far my favorite person. "

Veronica's eyes sparkled a bit as you said that .

" You're the only person that has ever made me see life like that. And all of these other people, they go around with their eyes closed, not seeing the real you, but I do. I see the real you . "

You spoke as she looked away .

" You're being ridiculous . " She shakes her head and you cross your arms .

" Ahh, no I'm not. Okay. Come sit here ." You guide her towards the piano, the two of you sitting on the stool and she stares at you expectantly .

You press a few of the keys, playing a small melody before looking back at her. "Notes on keys meant nothing to me before I knew you. " You said and continued .

" When you're not around, everything feels quiet. But when I'm with you, its like the entire world is singing. You're not spoilt, you do whatever you can to help people. You help me all the time, just by being here. You fight for your friends, and for people you've never met. You fight for what's right and yeah, you may be rich but that's not a bad thing. Its what you do with your money, that's what makes you good or bad, and you use you're money for good. Whenever one of us needs help paying for something, you're always the first one to volunteer, usually paying for it before we can argue. And yeah, you're a Lodge. But you're Veronica Lodge and that's the best one. Your mom is right, these people have nothing better to do, but they also just haven't seen the real you. I have...and I love it . "

" Shit " She mumbles .

You can feel her staring at the side of your head and your gaze remains on the keys in front of you, too afraid of what might happen if you look at her.

You've practically told her you love her, if you look at her, you'll definitely cave, you'll tell her every single thing you love about her (not that you haven't just done that) and when you first knew you were in love with her .

" Y/n ? " Her hand rests gently on yours, pulling you from your thoughts and yours eyes flicker to her before going back to the piano. " Did you really mean that? All of it ? " She asks and you nod quickly .

" Of course."

How could you not think that? You honestly don't know how everybody isn't in love with her.

" Y/n? " She asks again, her voice barely above a whisper as she says your name, and that's the only way you want to hear your name being spoken.

"I love you too." She admits and your eyes widen as you look at her quickly. She's looking back at you with a soft smile and a bright blush spreading across her cheeks.

"I-I never said I loved you."

You stutter, instantly cursing yourself. But she doesn't seem affected, instead she gives you a lopsided smile as she takes both your hands in hers, pressing a gentle kiss to the back of them.

"You didn't had to darling . I see you "