« 14 » STEFAN SALVATORE | Opposites attract

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ.O.ᐯ

You knew you should hate him. You should want to kidnap him, drag him into the forest, stab his heart with a stake. But you couldn't. The first time you looked at him and into his eyes you couldn't.

You were one step away from ending his life. Your hand was around his neck, your foot on his chest as to hold him to the ground. You had already used wooden bullets to penetrate his skin, weakening him with each shot. Now he was bleeding on the ground, begging you to have mercy on him.

"Please, I-I have a brother that you will be happier to kill. He's an asshole and -"

"Ratting our family? Now you really deserve to die. For real this time," you remark.

You hold the stake up in the air, ready to plunge it into his dead heart. But you stop at the last second as your eyes meet his. Something about them makes you halt all your movements. The sincerity in the and the true fear they held. The kindness and softness that was knitted between his eyebrows, although he looked scared shitless. His eyes were pretty green, matching the color of the pine trees you were surrounded by. His pupils were wide and you could see your reflection in them. You didn't realize how ugly you looked with the face of a murderer.

"Are you going to kill me or what?" He asks.

You snap back to reality, stumbling backwards. You allow him to get free and you expect him to try and kill you, but all he does is get up slowly, putting his hands up in caution.

"What are you doing? Is this some game you're playing?" Although he puts on a brave face, you can hear the panic in his voice as it breaks and shakes.

"I...I..." you fail to make words. You can't stop staring at him. Even though he got free and had the chance to kill you, he didn't. There was something so different about him. You could feel it.

"Are you okay?" His body relaxes and he takes a step over to you.

"You're asking me if I'm okay?" You scoff. "Well, you were just about to kill me and you didn't. Now you look like you've seen a ghost," he explains.

"I just... I don't know. I know I should kill you. I should want to, and I do, but I can't," you say.

He raises his brows. "Is this some kind of trick to catch me off guard?"

You shake your head. "No. I'm just as shocked and confused as you are. This has never happened to me before."

"I don't know much about hunters, but I've never heard of one breaking their mission."