« 25 » HOPE MIKAELSON | Father's blessing

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ.O.ᐯ

"I'm really not sure about this, Hope. I've heard stories about your father. He scares me a little, actually."

You and Hope were stood outside of the Mikaelson mansion in New Orleans, staring up at the large doors that held the famous Klaus Mikaelson.

Hanging around with the Salvatore's and Elena, you had heard stories about how monstrous Klaus could be and how far he would take things to get his way, so you thought you had plenty of reason to be skeptical.

Hope turned around to you and held your hands in hers, placing a sweet kiss on your lips.

"Y/N, it's going to be fine. He's actually OK when you get to know him. He just takes a while to warm up to people but I know he'll love you because I love you."

You took a deep breath and turned around to face the doors once more. Hope leaned over and turned the doorknob before leading you into the building, her fingers tightly in twined with yours.

Works of art and antique furniture filled the sitting room of the mansion which left you reeling with wonder and excitement.

"Where on earth did your family get all of these?" You were stood in front of a painting and admired the contrast of colours and paintwork that the artist had done.

"That would be my doing."

A loud voice boomed from above you which caused you to jump slightly. Sweat began to pool from your palms as footsteps began getting closer to you. You stepped beside Hope and linked your arm with hers, this was something that made you feel safe.

You looked forward and nearly cowered at the figure that approached you. Their piercing blue eyes narrowing as they got closer to you.

"Hello, darling." Hope leaned in to the hug that was being offered but immediately moved back to her previous place, sensing the anxiety pooling from you.

"Hello, dad." She flashed a smile at her father before placing a hand on the small of your back and pushing you forward a little, still making sure you were linked with her.

"This is Y/N." Klaus turned his attention towards you and gave a little smile. "Hello, sweetheart. I'm glad you liked the painting, I painted them myself."

You hesitantly shook Klaus' extended hand and shook it, smiling a little at his comment. "Well, You're very talented, Mr. Mikaelson." Klaus leaned back with laughter.

"Nobody has ever called me Mr. Mikaelson. I like your friend, Hope."

You and Hope glanced at each other and smiled.

"Er, Dad. Y/Ns not just my friend, she's my girlfriend."

At that moment, yours and Hopes hands intertwined with each other. Klaus had a shocked look on his face, clearly a little flabbergasted at the news he had just received.

He has never dealt with anything like this, so he had no idea how to approach it.

He ran his hand over his face with controlled agitation. Lots of thoughts began to whizz around in his head. Sure he'd known people who were in same sex relationships, but he's never been in a situation where a close person to him has confessed their feelings for the same sex.

Klaus turned away from the two of you and began to let his thoughts consume him, but as soon as he turned back to you and Hope, his thoughts immediately vanished. Seeing the wide smile on his daughters face whilst looking at you is the only thing he needed to see to make his decision.

"I'm very happy for you, darling. Y/N seems to be a lovely, respectable girl. The perfect person for my daughter."

Hearing these words of praise, you smiled wide and had received a little boost of confidence. Hope walked towards her dad and engulfed him in a hug, thanking him for accepting your relationship.

She walked back over to you and intertwined your fingers, kissing the top of your hand.

"Now, why don't I leave you lovebirds to settle in? I've got some business with Marcel to sort out." Within a blink of an eye, he was gone.

You could feel the anxiety leaving you as your body became less and less tense. Hope wrapped her arms around your neck and pulled you in for a kiss. You sighed into the kiss and ran your hand through her long, ginger locks.

"I told you he'd love you, didn't I? Nothing to worry about."

"I've still got the rest of the family to win over." Hope smiled at you, brushing her thumb across your cheek. "Don't worry about them. They'll follow my dad's lead, they always do."

You brought Hope in for another kiss and began to sway in the middle of the living room, completely contempt with being with Hope. She was the best thing that ever happened to you and you were never going to let her go.