« 19 » HERMIONE GRANGER | Hoax

Y/ᑎ ᑭ

Y/ᑎ ᑭ.O.ᐯ

Hogwarts was my home now, there was no other place I had felt like I belonged so much, somewhere I could be authentically who I was, practicing my magic and bettering myself, making friends from all places and houses because I'd be damned is that system kept me apart from meeting great people.

I had met Draco the first day of my first year and that was fun until he started to show how much on an asshole he really was, followed around by dummy one and hungry two; then I met Luna, always engrossed in something weird but never too strange to make me not wanna be around her and then, she introduced me to Harry who introduced Hermione and Ron to me.

I soon discovered that, for some reason, the four of us would always end up involved in some weird stuff, and I was certain it was because of them or, more so, because of Harry, Hermione always trying to be the voice of reason while Ron encouraged them both.

It was fun to witness really, being part of the team was cool too and, by far, the best bit was knowing that I had made three friends for life.

"Honestly, I think it'd be best if you got yourself a new pet." I eyed Ron from under my book for I was sitting on a branch of the tree under which Hermione was sitting with Harry while Ron paced around. "It's... weird."

"Scabbers has been in my family for..."

"I didn't say to get rid of it, I said get a more helpful companion."

Ron threw his hands in the air, going on and on about how he loved the rat, how it had been through everything with him, and a bunch of other things I was tired of listening to. Ron could have an owl to send messages or a cat to go everywhere with him but he wanted the rat that ran away whenever anyone got around. I'd never understand.

"You could also start studying for your exams instead of blaming Crookshanks for it."

"That stupid cat probably killed Scabbers!"

Hermione put her book down, clearly annoyed by Ron's implications, standing up and raising her voice as she stood in front of him.

"It's a cat, Ronald! What do you expect? It's in his nature."

"A cat! More like a pig..."

And there we were again, having the same discussion for the hundredth time; I looked at Harry who simply shrugged his shoulders as he stood up and I got down from the tree, both of us trying to break the fight, proposing a trip to Hogsmeade, window shop and maybe some butterbeer. I pushed Hermione to move as Harry did the same with Ron, winking at Harry as he started laughing. This wasn't unusual, but the fact that Hermione wasn't complaining about wasting an afternoon instead of studying was.