045 ▸ NOAH FLYNN | Into the night

Y/ᑎ ᑭ

Y/ᑎ ᑭ.O.ᐯ

Summer.

A time that during the other half of the year feels like it's eons away and when it does come it never lasts as long as you need it to. However, in those what feels like extremely brief months this is how I spend my time; sitting by the pool with my two best friends Elle and Lee - wait where's Lee?

"Lee!" Elle screeched at him; causing me to burst out in a fit of laughter. Which in turn caused Elle to laugh too and Lee's smile grew even wider.

Suddenly though, he walked outside, breaking the easy vibes of the situation and sending a lightning bolt of tension through me.

"What's all the noise?" Noah asked, looking slightly annoyed as he walked outside, his shirt obviously no where to be seen.

I chuckled to myself at this and then felt Noah's gaze on me; intense as always, he just has that natural intensity with everything he takes in. I watched as he gazed down at me, then quickly looked back to Lee.

I never knew if those gazes were his natural intensity or if it was some level of scrutiny at what he was looking at.

A curvy girl, with love handles unabashedly wearing a bikini, the same kind that Elle a thin and extremely athletic girl wears.

No matter, whether his gazes were filled with scrutiny or not, my reaction to them was always the same, I'd smile and tilt my chin up just a bit higher. This is my body and I've learned a long time ago to love it for what it is; mine.

Lee broke my thoughts. "It's called laughter, Noah. Not that you would know how to make a girl laugh." Lee chortled, causing both me and Elle to giggle at his dig.

Noah just smirked. "I'm too busy earning other noises from them." He smiled like cat who caught the canary.

I unconsciously crossed my legs in front of me.

Lee laughed him off and shook out his hair before he swam to the edge of the pool, crossing his arms on the pool edge in front of him.

"So, Y/N. Do you have any ideas on where you want to go for your birthday tonight?" Lee said eagerly, and Elle swung her legs over her lawn chair, eagerly.

"Yeah Y/N. You've had all week to think about it, I mean you definitely don't want Lee to pick the party place." She said.

"I was thinking that we could go out dancing." I smiled at them. "There's this new club that plays Latin music and I really want to go check it out."

"Definitely sounds interesting." Lee said, and I could already hear the apprehension in his voice at the thought of dancing. But before he could say anything else Elle cut in.

"It's your birthday Y/N. We'll do whatever you want to do." She said with a smile on her face. Then just as we were about to make the plans for tonight another voice cut in.