« 42 » NANCY WHEELER | Peach and strawberry

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ.O.ᐯ

It's not the calendar that marks the passage of time for Nancy- rather, it is the subtle shift in the way the air smells.

Now, the air smells clean and floral, telling of spring and chirping birds. It was March now, and the party-goers were just beginning to come out of hibernation

Pressure builds on her shoulders, and so she puts on a pastel pink sweater and tries to remember how the actual hell you talked her into going to a party.

Maybe it had to do with the way her name fell from your lips, coated with that lovely accent of yours. Or- maybe it was the smile you flashed her as she agreed to come with.

It had all begun a couple of months ago. Nancy was assigned to show you around the school- to basically be your bud until the week ended.

But your friendship didn't end once the week did. It continued through the two of you hanging out and studying together, through the two of you making inside jokes and helping one another to pick out outfits. It was through those times together that a seed was planted, one that seemed to be growing rapidly.

Throwing on a pair of flats, Nancy prepared herself to see you, and in turn, go to a party she didn't really think she belonged at. You'd agreed to pick her up for a party she truly didn't want to go to. She stared at herself in the mirror for a moment, tilting her head to the side. She looked okay, she felt (kinda) okay, so maybe tonight would be okay.

Looking at her dainty gold watch on her wrist, she realized it was time for her to go- 9 o'clock, sharp. Taking a deep breath in, she sprayed some perfume on her neck that smelled of peaches and strawberries, then walking from her room.

And sure enough, as soon as she walked downstairs, there you were, waiting in your car. She smiled softly to herself, taking one last deep breath before walking out of the door.

Hurridly, she walked to your car, smiling as she got in.

"Hey there, Nancy! You ready to have some fun?" You gladly greeted, smiling brightly at the brunette sitting next to you. Goodness. That smile... It was enough to make Nancy's stomach fill with butterflies

Nancy smiled softly with a small frown as she looked to her feet, feeling something was there- a box, maybe. "Hi, Y/N- Um, what's down here?" She asked

"I probably should've moved that." You say, beginning to drive. "It's just some beer, they wanted me to bring something to the party. You can have one if you want." You tell her with a smile

Nancy softly bit down on her bottom lip, but eventually reached down and slipped a can from it's case. She didn't really like alcohol (the taste, the smell, the way it made her feel hot)- but she did want to have fun tonight. Plus, it's easier to be around a bunch of drunk teens when you, yourself, are a drunk teen.

Pulling at the tab, the can hissed open, filling the surrounding air with the smell of cheap beer. Nancy brought it to her lips, taking a small sip, then a bigger gulp to help it go down a little easier.