Chapter 5- Making new friends

A few weeks had pasted I got to know some names and finally knew the coaches name. Today was the day we'd be getting our team USA jerseys. Coach Bombay put a box of the jerseys on the table. And it was pretty heavy.
"Ok, are you guys ready to see them" he asked
"YEAH" we all yelled. He pulled out a jersey that had the number '44'. He told us that Hendrix was our sponsor for the season. He tossed it to Fulton (one of my best friends). And we both looked at his jersey. Soon enough we all had our jerseys and we put them on, dean's number was '21' and mine was '28'. I loved my jersey, I wore it for the rest of the day.  And I wanted to wash it bc we had a game tomorrow against Trinidad. We had a practice so Me, Connie and Julie went to the locker room to get ready. We ended up being the last ones there. We walk in to see the entire team sitting sharing their secrets, just for a little activity to do before practice. I sat down next to Dean and Ken.
"Ok, Julie, we you go" Guy calls out
"Ok" Julie says "well the truth is... I'm deathly afraid of heights". We all look at each other and nod bc that is something to be afraid of.
"Ok Y/n, your up!" Averman says
"Ok only one person knows abt this but.." I look at Dean, he nods cuz he knows what I'm gonna say.
"I have extreme anxiety issues, I always overthink and can't focus in class bc of the past, and I have a really hard time finding good friends that's are nice bc of one of my friends that is now not my friend" I say
Jesse asks "what happened?"
"My old friends used me to get popular and make fun of me, so now the only people I can trust are my mom and Dean, please don't take offence to that" I say nervously.
"Oh no problem, we totally understand" Fulton says through a smile.
"Ok I'll go" Dean says "Uh this is kind of a big one but when I was 9 and Y/n was 8, our dad would abuse us, well he only did it to me once, he did it to Y/n more" Dean looks at me. I nod bc that's a good one to tell.
"But yeah, he would offer her beer, slap her, he even threatened to cut her arm open"
"REALLY" Ken asks surprisingly
"Mhm" I nod. Fulton walks up to me and gives me a hug, he feels bad for me, I can tell. But the whole dad situation was almost 8 years ago. So I'm fine and I have forgotten abt it. And Dean doesn't consider dad, dad, he always says "THAT MAN IS NOT MY FATHER" Whenever someone brings him up. But now I feel like I have real friends bc I just told them my 2 biggest secrets, well Dean told them one, I told them the other. But these people were my friends, they understand me, and act like they want to be my friend, they are gonna stay...