Chapter 17- game for gold pt.2

We walk out in our new ducks jerseys. The whole crowd cheering us on.

And team USA is back. Oh wait.. that's not team USA. Those are the ducks in their new jersey's.

I hear the Iceland coach scoff.

"Come in ref, this isn't allowed" he says, I laugh and skate past him.

"It must be because he's not listening to you. Stansson, just stick to your own jersey" I say

He lunges at me but my team comes in front of me and we just all skate.

"Back off, your gonna try and beat up a 16 year old? And my sister at that. Not on my watch" Dean says

"Come one team huddle up!" Coach says

Charlie's showing us the play he's come up with. The whole team is confused cause it doesn't look like a hockey play at all.

"Come on Charlie this isn't the NBA" Averman says. To be completely honest, I don't disagree.

"Come on Guys let's just try it" Charlie says

"I say let's give it a shot" I say

"Thank you Y/n!" Charlie says to me

We all skate out in our positions. I was right winger, Connie was face off. She pushes the Iceland guy down and gets the puck. Passes it to Guy who passes it to me a shoot a slap shot to try and be even as hard as Fulton's. It ends up getting in. I put my hands up and the guys on the ice came to hug me. Fulton came up and hugged me.

"You did a slap shot!!" He says

"I know! How did it look?" I ask

"Great!!!!" He says

We both smile and skate to the bench. The whole team giving high fives saying things like "let's go Y/n!", "that was amazing Y/n!"  and "that was so good omg". Now the score was 5-4. We were about to get on the ice when the positions came to us. I was on again with Dean, Kenny, Adam and Jesse.

"Alright ducks.."  coach starts talking

"You guys got us here.. and you guys are all such, amazing! Hockey players. I know that when the season started I was focused way to much on Hendrix and stuff. Guys, I'm sorry again. Seriously I am"

"It's ok coach, we forgive you" Kenny says as he smiles.

"Thanks guys"  Coach smiles

"Ok, let's play some hockey!" Guy said

"Alright hands in, come guys only 2 more points we can do this!" I say

We all put out hands in. We quack, we chant we say "GOOOOOO DUCKS" and then we go on the ice. Im face off I push the guys down as hard as I can and grab the puck. I skate down the ice.

Portman, number 28 has the puck. She's on a breakaway! She passed it to Jesse. Number 9, Hall with the puck he skated down into the Iceland zone. Passes it to Dean Portman who passes it to Kenny. Kenny skates up to the net fakes the shoot and Portman.. GETS IT IN!!!. NUMBER 21, PORTMAN HAS JUST TIED THE SCORE, 5-5. Now the championship game will end in a shootout. Both teams will choose their best 5 players to shoot on the opposite goalie. First team to 5 points wins the game..

Coach showed us who the 5 players were. 1. Jesse, 2. Guy, 3. Fulton, 4. Dwayne, and 5 was.. me. Why would coach choose me. There so many other players he could've chose from. Why me? And then I realized I said that all out loud.

"Because your a good player Y/n" Connie says trough a smile.

"Ok ducks ready they're starting so we have first one to be the goalie, Goldberg get out there."

Julie looks at me form across the bench. I could feel she was sad he didn't say her. I walk over and put an arm around her.

"Jules, he didn't pick you this one, but he might the next one" I say

"Probably not. Let's just face it. I left my team in Maine for nothing.."  she says

"Julie... don't be sad. You will show everyone. I'm promise. You are a great player Julie.. you didn't leave Maine for nothing. Your gonna get your chance. I promise.."

"Promise?"

"Yes" I smile and hug her. She hugs me back and we watch Goldberg not save it. That's ok we still have a chance at victory. Now it's Jesses turn to shoot it in. Me and Julie are sitting next to each other and start yelling Jesses name.

"WOO LETS GO JESSE" I yell

"YOU GOT THIS JESSE" Julie yells from beside me.

He gets in the middle of the ice and starts to skate, the puck with him. He gets to the net and shoots the puck. He gets it in and we all cheer even though it was only one goal and we need five to win. Next is Iceland. They get it in. Guy goes out, he gets it in. So and so, on and on. Fulton gets it in, Dwayne misses and I'm next. But Iceland had to go first. Coach walks over to Julie and tells her his play. And he sends her out.

"LETS TO JULIE" Connie yells

"THATS OUR BESTIE" I yell as me and Connie laugh. The score is 4-4. Julie has to save this.

She puts her glove up fast and saves it!!! Now I need to get it in. We all give Julie high fives and the announcer tells everyone who they was and said she made an amazing save. And I saw that smile on her face. She got her moment. I was o happy for her. That was all interrupted by coach sending me out. I look at Dean and Fulton. They signal for me to just breathe. J look at Kenny who does the same thing. I look down and keep my eyes on the puck. I move it with my skate. Getting closer and closer to the net, I'm about 4 meters away from the net when I send it over. The Iceland goalie waited to see if I had got it in. His glove was closed I was so scared that I failed. The arena went dead silent. He opened his glove and look surprised. He stood up and looked in the net. It was in there. I screamed in excitement. The whole team came saying out to hug me. I won it, I was so happy.